The Springsteen Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

39 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll be massively surprised if the London date isn't at the Spurs stadium.

I hope not. First time I saw The Boss was at the Emirates not long after it opened and it was awful. Not the Boss of course, but the sound, the fact he had a hard stop at 22:30 and the amazing deal on pints of £4.50 for 1 or 2 for £9. 

8 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

I guess I'll wait for the UK dates. St James' Park would be the dream, but I don't see it happening.

If there's nothing logistically-sound for me in the UK, I reckon Vienna would be a nice, driveable one! 

Would imagine a North, Midlands and London date. Vienna sounds lovely though.

What do we reckon on pricing? Gonna be an expensive one isn't it? 

• Awards Moderator

Probably looking at Edinburgh and/or Newcastle, the Etihad and Selhurst Park.

I’d imagine it’ll be an £80ish job but my mate who lives in New York is already planting the seed of MSG, which would be beyond a dream. My old man wants to see him in Munich as well.

If I have no fry-ups or chippy teas for the remainder of the year, I might be able to afford it.

So bloody excited, either way.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator
10 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Probably looking at Edinburgh and/or Newcastle, the Etihad and Selhurst Park.

I’d imagine it’ll be an £80ish job but my mate who lives in New York is already planting the seed of MSG, which would be beyond a dream. My old man wants to see him in Munich as well.

If I have no fry-ups or chippy teas for the remainder of the year, I might be able to afford it.

So bloody excited, either way.

Edinburgh or Newcastle would be a dream. Both would be heaven.

We’re considering Barcelona, they have ticket prices already.

Ticket prices will be available at 65, 70, 78, 90, 105 and 125 Euros for reserved seats or 125 and 82 Euros for the GA (VAT included, booking fees not included).

That works out as somewhere between £55 and £107 before booking fees. Guessing that’s about right for dates over here as well.

@Frankie CrispI’d never even considered MSG but my goodness, what a thought.

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Edinburgh or Newcastle would be a dream. Both would be heaven.

We’re considering Barcelona, they have ticket prices already.

Ticket prices will be available at 65, 70, 78, 90, 105 and 125 Euros for reserved seats or 125 and 82 Euros for the GA (VAT included, booking fees not included).

That works out as somewhere between £55 and £107 before booking fees. Guessing that’s about right for dates over here as well.

@Frankie CrispI’d never even considered MSG but my goodness, what a thought.

Thought Edinburgh/Newcastle would (hopefully will) be perfect for you! Fingers crossed.

The MSG one is unlikely given the logistics, but I keep thinking that every tour may be the last so I’m already looking at ways to wangle it. Don’t think I’d be able to handle Jungleland in the Garden.

• Paid Members

Ah bollocks. Now I have a decision to make. I'm supposed to have a race over in London/Oxford on May 6th. Dublin should have been perfect on either the 5th or 7th. Now it'll have to be the race and Bruce somewhere else - or Springsteen in Dublin and figure a different race calendar out. It'd be nice, although entirely unlikely, if the UK dates were somehow announced tomorrow before I have to decide whether to buy the Dublin tickets on Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...