The Springsteen Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

God I can't wait until we are allowed to gather in groups again and we can see Springsteen live again and I can sing my heart out to 'If I Was The Priest'. I think I'll cry tears of joy and I don't think I'll be able to stop.

Same. Even without the new material, a Springsteen gig is all I could think of to get my spirits up right now. It’s three hours of euphoria. But with the new material? Think it might drain me emotionally for days, in the best possible way.

As an aside, I got this off a mate today who’s just getting into him:

26FE998E-9C79-41C4-A470-FA2B586E9360.thumb.jpeg.362129b1723fdd433f71d4b0a1f709b3.jpeg

Top TEN? Or even fifteen? I love him dearly but I told him I need a few days. How the hell do you introduce someone to Springsteen with a Nero-burn limit?

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Same. Even without the new material, a Springsteen gig is all I could think of to get my spirits up right now. It’s three hours of euphoria. But with the new material? Think it might drain me emotionally for days, in the best possible way.

Me, yourself and @Keith Houchen in the rain at the Etihad is one of my top 5 moments in life. 

• Paid Members

I got to see The Boss live for my 30th and took my old Mum, and it was just a magical night. As soon as he came on stage my Mum lit up in a way I've never seen, she was so giddy and excited, every song seemed to take her back somewhere, it was like I got to spend the evening with her as a teenager (but not in a creepy Back To The Future way).

Anyway, it's not one of his best, but as a broken down failed wrestler I have a soft spot for this for obvious reasons. It helps convince me I was part of a noble, working class sport, rather than a bunch of nerds laarping their favourite kids show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7gG6yGhp4

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

This couldn’t quite make it on to Darkness. It’s one of the most gorgeous things he’s ever done.

Christ almighty.

Definitely one of my favourite things that he's done. This version is just something else. Incredible. 

Ah man, that was lovely. I wanna see Ghosts played live, in a full stadium, surrounded by my best mates from high school (probably be a white for that I guess). 

On a Springsteen-related now, Stevie Van Zandt is a good follow on Twitter. 

He called the White House the Shite House the other day, which got a laugh from me, and told a Trump supporter who moaned at him to shove all of his E Street CDs up his ass. 

On 12/2/2020 at 9:04 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

As an aside, I got this off a mate today who’s just getting into him:

26FE998E-9C79-41C4-A470-FA2B586E9360.thumb.jpeg.362129b1723fdd433f71d4b0a1f709b3.jpeg

Top TEN? Or even fifteen? I love him dearly but I told him I need a few days. How the hell do you introduce someone to Springsteen with a Nero-burn limit?

I would be interested to hear your choices.

Agree, it is a bit difficult to choose,  do you go with the singles or more famous tracks of more obscure cuts?

Been listening to Magic a lot again just lately, some really wonderful songs on that.