The Springsteen Thread

Frankie Crisp

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

It’s tonight! We’re in Barcelona and so (I’m assuming) is the Boss. As long as we don’t have to walk up the massive hill to the stadium it should be great; we did that yesterday to go to the Miro gallery and it nearly killed me.

Edit: The Boss is in town. He’s staying at a posh hotel with Spielberg and Obama and they all had dinner together last night. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Well, that was something special. My face aches from grinning all night, my voice almost gone from singing along. The opening two songs,

Spoiler

No Surrender and Ghosts

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry a little bit.

And I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry quite a lot at the last song

Spoiler

I’ll See You In My Dreams

But for the 2 hours 50 in between, it was goosebumps and joy all the way. If you’re going to any of the shows on this tour, even if the set list stays exactly the same, what a treat you’re in for. Songs from the first album right up to the most recent one, just classic after classic. You’re going to feel ALIVE. What a show.

Oh, and Michelle Obama and Kate Capshaw came out with Patti Scialfa to do backing vocals on Glory Days. The Obamas and the Spielbergs have come over to Barcelona with the Springsteens apparently. They went to the Picasso museum yesterday. We were there the day before. I missed seeing Steven Spielberg by 24 hours! The closest I’m ever going to get to meeting him.

Bring on Murrayfield in a month’s time.

Can’t embed the tweet I wanted but it had the caption “this pic of Bruce Springsteen and Shane McGowan looks like a gangster De Niro trying to collect debts from a deadbeat junkie gambler.”

Couple of lovely stories and Tweets about Bruce this week in Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65482746

Plus his visit to a Spanish restaurant with Obama and Spielberg....wouldn't want to bugger up that tables order would you?!

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, 5pints 2.0 said:

I'm off the Murrayfield at the end of the month. Any tips on the easiest way to get to the stadium from the city centre? 

The trams will take you directly there. They’ll be busy, but the Murrayfield stop is right in front of the stadium.

I think the Airlink/100 bus towards the airport stops there too but that’ll take you a bit longer.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Went to Springsteen at Murrayfield last night. First time seeing him but absolutely the best gig of my life. 

My brother and some of my mates were there and said it was an absolute cracker. I had the option, but couldn't really justify flying from the Czech Republic and back in a period of increased travel. I might still try and see him in Vienna in July, or else wait for the 2024 tour (fingers crossed!). 

What was the highlight for you, song-wise? I saw the setlist and the run from Backstreets to Dancing in the Dark must have been incredible. 

• Awards Moderator

I was there too! I think Promised Land and Tenth Avenue Freeze Out were my highlights this time, mainly because HE WAS RIGHT HERE:

CDE7E35D-0E85-498D-AD18-1E9CB2D6D2CF.thumb.png.be7c573389966a73c97ff41afe265b79.png72F0AB26-9452-480F-86E7-5D31BD2DCAD0.thumb.png.189a36178ec32e7cfb07d799889041a5.png

I was pretty giddy.

The setlist this tour hasn’t had a massive amount of variation (I think maybe two or three songs last night were different to Barcelona last month) so if you look at what’s being played, and can get along to any of the shows this year, you’ll have a pretty good idea of what you’ll hear.

And it’s going to be a good night. Great song after great song after great song. Even the less familiar ones like ‘Nightshift’ from the new album were amazing last night.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

My brother and some of my mates were there and said it was an absolute cracker. I had the option, but couldn't really justify flying from the Czech Republic and back in a period of increased travel. I might still try and see him in Vienna in July, or else wait for the 2024 tour (fingers crossed!). 

What was the highlight for you, song-wise? I saw the setlist and the run from Backstreets to Dancing in the Dark must have been incredible. 

The opening one-two of No Surrender and Ghosts was an incredible way to start.

Mary's Place and Nightshift were both fantastic. 

That run from Backstreets to Tenth Avenue was amazing though. Just felt like it built and built and built into something truly amazing.

• 3 months later...