• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Admit that was thrown together but what would you say?

I’d say from the original run of 1-8 before the revivals that 7 is the worst disaster, positively joyless and much worse than 8, and 1 is far and away better than either. And 10 is far better than 7 too, possibly 8 as well. I’d probably not argue the toss on anyone’s personal choice between 1-6.

If pushed I’d probably go 645321 10 78 and haven’t seen the newest ones. Back To Earth was crap except Rimmer pushing Sophie Winkleman in front of a car was brilliant.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Difficult or not, it's not the roast dinner code without gravy, is it?

I think we should just be thankful he's not one of those rarities who has a roast without gravy.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I think we should just be thankful he's not one of those rarities who has a roast without gravy.

I created one of those monstrosities, grew her in her mum and everything. I occasionally give her gravy by accident/ out of spite.

Anyway the proper roast dinner code is:

Meat, Gravy, Roasties, Mash, Yorkies, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower Cheese, Other Veg, Bread and Butter. If you wanna get extravagant throw your pigs in blankets in and around the big four.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I created one of those monstrosities, grew her in her mum and everything. I occasionally give her gravy by accident/ out of spite.

Anyway the proper roast dinner code is:

Meat, Gravy, Roasties, Mash, Yorkies, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower Cheese, Other Veg, Bread and Butter. If you wanna get extravagant throw your pigs in blankets in and around the big four.

Fucking bread and butter. Do you lot only eat one meal a week or something.

Anyway, could be worse, you could have mentioned ketchup. Those ketchup on their roast dinner folks need to all get in the sea

• Paid Members

@air_raid @simonwordencid probably go 4, 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 10, 11, 8, 12, Promised Land, 7, Back To Earth.

Promised Land had a few decent set pieces s, but is let down by a LOT of padding through expository dialogue. I understand somebody could be watching it as their introduction to Red Dwarf, but they could probably have trimmed half an hour off the runtime by not trying to mention something similar that happened in a previous episode almost every time something happened.

Series 3-5 are arguably the high point of the show. 6 had decent episodes, but felt very "cookie cutter" in places. The first two series felt like an altogether different show, but still a good one. 

10 was better than it had any right to be, but fell off a little bit after that. Back To Earth was dreadful. 7 & 8 might not have felt so bad if they'd been able to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of 8, but instead they were retconned out of existence. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Fucking bread and butter. Do you lot only eat one meal a week or something.

Anyway, could be worse, you could have mentioned ketchup. Those ketchup on their roast dinner folks need to all get in the sea

Am I to lick up the gravy and juices like some sort of uncouth animal?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Am I to lick up the gravy and juices like some sort of uncouth animal?

just tip your plate into your gob. To be fair if your food isn't soaking up the liquid gold you've put on your plate you're either not eating it right, or pour gravy on your plate as if you're trying to make some kind of roast dinner soup instead.