Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

Jesus these guys need to grow a set and tell him and his company to do one. 

Who does he think he is? If he wants to own them then he must give them healthcare, hotels, travel and other perks. If not he needs to stop this bullshit. 

Sadly they are either huge marks for the company, get way too much money a year to quibble or both. 

• Paid Members

Seems an incredibly foolish move at a time when there’s another company run by a money mark willing to pay top dollar to talent, not to mention the possibility of maintaining a good income working for the second tier promotions (Impact, MLW, NWA etc) and indies on the side.

If he’d have done this 5 years ago then fine, the wrestlers were fucked for alternatives, but the timing is odd.

3 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince starts getting them to move over from Twitch to a version on the Network as well as starting his own WWE version of Cameo. 

I doubt he’s bothered by them doing it, he’s just bothered that he’s not getting a cut. 

I would guess it's not down to money but the fact that new media platforms that Vince doesn't understand are making more and more of his roster famous and well off without needing Vince to do it and not really even needing his TV time either. Basically he/ WWE doesn't want a whole bunch of their talent to be rich enough and/ or famous enough to just fuck them off and do something else or work somewhere else. It's a pretty common trait in rich business people I find, I used to work for a guy who had a really decent size company he had built up and anyone starting their own thing whether it was directly related or not was trounced if he didn't get to be their "mentor" and basically get a cut.  

1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince starts getting them to move over from Twitch to a version on the Network as well as starting his own WWE version of Cameo. 

I doubt he’s bothered by them doing it, he’s just bothered that he’s not getting a cut. 

I think this is ultimately what it boils down to. I’ve no idea what kind of percentage Cameo takes from each video a talent does (I assume it’s a decent amount) but I wouldn’t be surprised to see WWE launch there own version I the near future.

22 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I would guess it's not down to money but the fact that new media platforms that Vince doesn't understand are making more and more of his roster famous and well off without needing Vince to do it and not really even needing his TV time either. Basically he/ WWE doesn't want a whole bunch of their talent to be rich enough and/ or famous enough to just fuck them off and do something else or work somewhere else. It's a pretty common trait in rich business people I find, I used to work for a guy who had a really decent size company he had built up and anyone starting their own thing whether it was directly related or not was trounced if he didn't get to be their "mentor" and basically get a cut.  

Of course it’s down to money. It always is. It’s not because of Vince not understanding new media platforms because then he’d ban them from twitter, Instagram and YouTube too. 

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Of course it’s down to money. It always is. It’s not because of Vince not understanding new media platforms because then he’d ban them from twitter, Instagram and YouTube too. 

I do disagree as you might have guessed. Hard to know what they are actually thinking but I genuinely think it's about the not needing Vince, perhaps there is a financial side related directly to company profit but they've been making plenty so I doubt it. The comment about Vince not understanding platforms being a reason was more of a joke to lead into my main opinion on why though. 

It's not just the fiscal and - y'know - ethical side of it either. Imagine having to rely on WWE programming as the only vehicle to get your personality over. Christ. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Would WWE have a leg to stand on if someone like Orton were to carry on and not be punished while some NXT mid carder is sacked for doing the same? 

I suppose it comes down to what Punk said on twitter, if they all ignore it and carry on as they are, they can't all be sacked