The Daily Shithouse

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I’m at this big soft play place called Sprouts at the moment. The toilets are in one big room with unisex cubicles either side and sinks in the middle. I’ve just gone in and there’s one kid in there, must be around 4, who is setting off the hand dryers when the Mums and toddlers walk in to scare the shit out of them. The kids got a bright future 

I had my daughter stay at my flat over the weekend and at after 11pm there were two girls and a guy pissed out of their head making noise at the petrol station forecourt next to where I live. They were just being a nuisance in general and being concerned they were gonna wake my daughter I decided to take matters into my own hands. So I cracked the opened the blinds a little bit, cracked the window ajar and blasted them with my water gun. You could hear screams and them scurry off after getting blasted this giving me a peaceful evening and no more noise. It felt super satisfying and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I was in the queue today in a busy supermarket. I was there with my trolly when an unmasked older couple wearing sunflower lanyards approached with a few meagre purchases in a basket. The repeated message came over the loudspeaker regarding masks and keeping your distance. 

The woman looked hopefully at me, I was going to let her in until the bloke said how he was sick of this annoying message and if they or any shop play it on Monday he will be having a word with the manager because enough was enough. 

I slowly nudged my trolly forward and took an age putting my shopping on the conveyor belt and fucked around with my cards long enough for them to start tutting. I wished the checkout girl a good afternoon and thanked her for her patience before nodding at the couple behind as if to say “All yours now”

Top work. Supermarket check out shithousery is amongst the finest shithousery you can get.

There is a lad who genuinely is so lovely at my local Morrisons and because I worked there I always go to him. He takes AGES but to be honest if I'm shopping, I'm never in a rush when I'm shopping, so I always have a chat with him whilst hes scanning and I'm packing. It's the highlight of my shop when he's on shift.

Some absolute cunt behind me the other day said "Oh fuck me, if he takes so long, why don't they just give him a job in the warehouse" so whilst I was packing my shopping away, I was putting one item in, stopping and having a chat, then another item and so on.

Genuinely reckon packing about 10 items took me a good 5 minutes. Take that 'queuing behind me' man! 

2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Anyone who starts unloading their shopping on the conveyer belt before I've finished unloading mine, I make sure to leave a wider gaps between my shopping so that they have to start taking it off again when I've "run out of space". 

This! The last 3 times I have been shopping someone has started unloading behind me on the conveyor belt. The first time I was so agog that I just piled my shopping on top of itself in sheer confusion.

The second time I politely told the lady that I needed more room, she replied 'well it will come back round soon.' I didn't even know how to begin explaining that the free space would be behind her shopping. 

Yesterday I just plonked the 'next customer' divider on top of the persons shopping and said i'll need your stuff to be behind there so I can fit my stuff on. Not so much shit housery as just being a grumpy bastard. 

Not even grumpy, just doing the right thing. Happens all the time in Aldi where your average half wit struggles with the general Aldi etiquette anyway. I just choose the checkout girl who shouts at the customers doing it if she’s on.