The Daily Shithouse

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

We’ve now been in our new house for 2 years and everyone in what is a very new community is lovely, with proper heartwarming stuff seen amongst the neighbours most days. Lots to do, always someone to stop and chat to, many gatherings and general goodwill.

However, there’s always one family to buck a trend and it turns out it’s the young family directly opposite and her parents who live a few doors down.

One of the blokes started a WhatsApp chat for the men to arrange a monthly pub trip. It was actually great, and proved I was wrong when I thought I was ready to just become totally anonymous and live quietly without having to be too neighbourly. I’d had some great nights out and made some new friends, something I hadn’t done for quite a while.

All was good until the young lady’s dad joined and turned general good chat and asks to borrow tools and lend a hand into a tsunami of shared shit, 99% of which was either racist, sexist or just generally awful.

I few called him out on it, he ignored it and carried on. I left the group, as did others.

In October, our Lithuanian neighbour and her Bangladeshi husband invited folk round for an open house-type thing and laid on lots of really good food. Plenty of people went along, including the young family and her parents.

Within 5 minutes, her mother said out loud:

”I had to turn Loose Women off today, all 4 of them were black!” Everyone looked on in amazement at such an outburst, before several jumped in to ask why that was a problem, especially as it was Black History month.

”Well when are we going to have White History Month?!” she asked, before being shown the door.

As it turned out, I got speaking to another neighbour who told me that earlier in the year, the young lady (who was about 7 months pregnant at the time) had asked their daughter how many black kids there were in her school. She then asked if any of the names they’d picked for their baby were the names of any black kids at her school. Proper, proper foul people who have basically been ostracised from the neighbourhood.

Anyway, my Ring Doorbell didn’t have a strong enough connection to my router so I bought an extender that is plugged in directly opposite their front room window.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah there has to be more to the story. I can tell you from experience that the IT guys really don’t give two shits about you or what you get up to and actually want to avoid any human interaction at all costs

• Paid Members

I read a bit further down, and it sounds more serious. There seems to be a bit of a consensus in replies, however, that the original trolling didn't happen.

21 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

God you lot are such fun sponges!

"Ooooooh look at me, I'm so pragmatic and had to find out more" 

Grow up.

I'm thinking we should start a GoFundMe to raise that billion for you @SuperBacon...