The Daily Shithouse

Keith Houchen

21 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I also wind a friend up by sticking the All Saints version of Under The Bridge on. There's probably a special place in hell just for me. Also the Scissor Sisters' versión of Comfortably Numb. 

They are both the superior version.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

They are both the superior version.

I like the harmonies in the chorus of Under The Bridge, and I like how the Scissor Sisters get Comfortably Numb done and dusted within three minutes. 

On that note, I like pretty much every cover of a Depeche Mode song that I've ever heard but dont like any of the originals. I have found the same thing with most of The Smith's songs too, but that's ok because fuck Morrissey 

Edited by deathrey

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone tried to shithouse me in The Food Warehouse. 

As expected, it was busy. So busy they had two tills open!  The queue was backed up into an aisle that was kind of halfway between the two tills. So people were making way whenever someone needed to get past the convoy of trolleys in the bit between the end of the aisles and the tills. 

When I was at the head of this bit, and next in line for the tills, a woman and presumably her mum asked to get by, so I smiled and moved so they could get through. Pleases and thank yous all round. A minute later as some space appears on the conveyor belt, I push my trolly towards it when the same women starts to make a move for it too from the side in front of the neighbouring till that was closed.

I say how there is a queue going on here and we are all in it. The older woman apologises and is about to move the trolly when the younger woman says “No we were behind this woman (points to the woman next to be served) we’ve been here ages”. I think I actually did the Larry David face as I said “Really, is that so”, she said yeah and I said  no you haven’t, you’ve just rocked up as I let you past a minute ago. She breaks eye contact and starts unloading her shopping onto the conveyor saying they were in the queue. 

After about 4 or five items were on the conveyor, an employee appears where they were stood and says “Would you like to move over to this till please”. She looked startled as she tried to put her items back into her trolly but Kool Keith had already manoeuvred past into pole position and started loading up the conveyor. The person behind me in the initial queue has taken up second on the grid so any hope for the queue jumper had passed. 

You can imagine my delight as on the original till, there was a problem with an item the woman next in line was buying that needed a manager to rectify. As a result, your hero had packed and paid before a single item of the queue jumpers shopping had been scanned. As I was pulling out of my parking space, they emerged from the store. I gave them a cheery wave whilst laughing my bollocks off at her. She looked like Ray Reardon in the last frame of the 82 snooker final, smoking a cigarette and reflecting while Higgins cleared up, knowing they had been beaten by the superior player and were powerless to change the outcome. I realise it sounds small and petty, but I am small and petty. 

That’s made my Christmas, that has!

2 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

I've had the police called on me for taking a stand in German queues and have had to stop trying to impose our correct ways on these people

Jerry don’t like it when it’s done back to them, do they?