WWE Summerslam 2020 Thread

Well it is the biggest party of the summer....

There's nothing that can really happen match wise that will grab my interest, although Randy/Drew might be decent.

I think the biggest talking point of the show is where is it going to be held?

I've seen various reports over the past week or so that Vince wants to hold it outside with fans attending, even read one report that claimed it might be on a boat.

As someone who is increasingly bored of the "no fans era" an outside show with a different feel would definitely get me tuning in to watch despite what matches are on show.

Edited by The King of Old School

40 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I've seen various reports over the past week or so that Vince wants to hold it outside with fans attending, even read one report that claimed it might be on a boat.

On a boat?! Just as well that COVID hasn't affected anyone in that kind of setting, ever. 

• Paid Members

Hadn't occurred to me at all until reading that, but I will now be gutted if they don't take this opportunity to hold the show in some sort of beach/swimming pool/fuck off big boat setting. Hopefully all 3.

Dunno if anyone else saw that "vertical gig" they did somewhere in Eastern Europe last week where they set the band up in the car park of a big hotel and people booked rooms (max 4 per room) to watch the show from the balconies? That'd be a cool thing to add to the mix for SummerSlam, even if they were only allowed to fill the balconies with the current PC extras.

• Paid Members

Reportedly, Vince really wants to have fans at Summerslam. What’s the deal with GCW having fans socially distanced? How come they’re allowed to do it? Is it because of the state they’re in? Or is it more a case of them being so small-time that no-one notices or cares?

I clocked on Twitter than the NBA are actually using Microsoft Teams to create virtual fans. Equal parts cool and Black Mirror as fuck.

At first, I thought this would be a good idea for WWE. But then, it’s pro-wrestling fans. I wouldn’t trust a portion of them to not be wanking themselves silly at some point in the show.

17 hours ago, Supremo said:

At first, I thought this would be a good idea for WWE. But then, it’s pro-wrestling fans. I wouldn’t trust a portion of them to not be wanking themselves silly at some point in the show.

Knowing Vince and Kevin Dunn, it'd either be a bunch of celebs like Maria Menounos or Kid Rock, or a group of incredibly attractive actors. They couldn't possibly have an actual wrestling fan on Zoom who'd probably bust out a 'CM Punk' chant two hours in. 

Scripted Zoom chanting, its the future.

Any legit fans would be heavily pre screened, you'd imagine. I can't think of anything that would make 2020 worse more than Brock Lesnar guy, the guy with the WWE logo stencilled on his dinner coat and the posturing guy with the Peter Steele hair all showing their appreciation from their collection bedrooms on front row screens. 

• Paid Members

It sounds fucking shit tbh. The same 20 or so superfans blown up and splashed out across massive screens trying to get their gurning faces on TV and all massively overreacting to try and outdo each other.

Its all this twat's fault.

wrestlemania 30 no GIF by WWE

Edited by garynysmon