Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

Liked Lost Light volume 1 loads. Cheers guys. Got the other 3 volumes now. Shame it only went 4 volumes but I assume it leads into another run?

If you're all in on Lost Light, I would 100% recommend going back to the start of More Than Meets The Eye before you continue. There are storylines and mysteries paid off in the final issues of Lost Light which had been teased or set up since very beginning of MTMTE. It's a very rewarding read and really impressive given that it's been a single writer through the entire run. 

• Paid Members

That's a bummer that it didn't continue but I think I will indeed go back to the start of MTME. I'm only a few pages into the 2nd Volume.

• Paid Members

I don't enjoy comics generally but I can say that I've read MTMTE probably a dozen times and doubt I'll ever tire of it. I seem to notice at every re-read more seeds for things that will play into the storyline years down the line. It's a book which really does reward long-term, attentive readers. If you enjoyed Lost Light, then you're in for a treat, because the conventional opinion is that the book got less good as time went on and that Lost Light was weak in comparison to the outstanding first "series" (1-21) of MTMTE.

(I'm supposed to be working but I think I'm going to go off and read a volume now!) 

• Paid Members

I got bought MTMTE by a mate who chose a random comic because he knew I enjoyed Transformers. I’ll likely pick up the rest of the story at some point but the bigger fact gnawing away at me is that I only have the first TPB of Regeneration One. Which I really enjoyed and want to read the rest, although I’ve heard it gets a little rushed to tie up near the end.

• Paid Members

G1 Cartoon

Anyone have any dialogue from the cartoon they really liked? I’m very fond of Headstrong declaring “I detest fleeing! I would rather die fighting!” answered by Razorclaw saying “He is right! Predacons.... unite!” as Predaking fearlessly stares down certain death, from Call of The Primitives. This rather un-Decepticon display of bravery is probably what set the Predacons on their way to being my favourite characters as a kid (on top of Furman writing them as intriguing mercenaries in the comic).

Also, the Movie is obviously full of quotable notables but Springers line of “I’ve got better things to do tonight than die” told you everything you needed to know about him. There are lots of other lines from the show I loved, mostly for humour, mostly to do with Starscream. The Dinobots surprisingly were allowed a few zingers too. Anyone else have any favourites?

Earth Wars 

Anyone else play Earth Wars? My second 4* con after Reflector (thus my leader/spearhead of my attack) was Razorclaw which if you read the post above, you’ll know I was dead chuffed about. I’m up to 8 guys at 4* now but three gunners and no warriors so a touch imbalanced. I’m hq13 upgrading to 14 at the moment. Don’t have the Energon storage to upgrade any 4* abilities any further so just spent some spark getting 3* Dirge and Cybertron Starscream up to lv5 for my raid team, and Astrotrain to support (hopefully) my 4* Dead End to try and get some cheap wins in the wars. Sadly I strengthened my walls too high before all my guns were upgraded so I get hardly any successful defences in the zone I’m in. Thankfully I do 15k every event so my alliance keeps me around. Anyone else playing?

I have started on MTMTE, never read any Transformers before. I had the toys and watched the cartoons when I was younger but never been a huge fan. 

So far the comic is good, a bit cartoony at points in regards to the art work but the story itself seems decent and some characters seem interesting. The biggest issue for me is so many of the Autobots looking alike, I mean I am sure regular readers and Transformer fans will be able to do this easily but for me I am finding it difficult. 

• Paid Members

When Megatron says "Excellent". In that one word and with Welker's delivery. Megatrons whole character is revealed.

There's also the classic line. "Autobots. Transform and roll out."

From TFTM.

Galvatron when he interrupts Starscream.

"Coronation Starscream?  This is bad comedy."

Edited by BigJag

9 hours ago, air_raid said:

G1 Cartoon

Anyone have any dialogue from the cartoon they really liked? I’m very fond of Headstrong declaring “I detest fleeing! I would rather die fighting!” answered by Razorclaw saying “He is right! Predacons.... unite!” as Predaking fearlessly stares down certain death, from Call of The Primitives. This rather un-Decepticon display of bravery is probably what set the Predacons on their way to being my favourite characters as a kid (on top of Furman writing them as intriguing mercenaries in the comic).

Also, the Movie is obviously full of quotable notables but Springers line of “I’ve got better things to do tonight than die” told you everything you needed to know about him. There are lots of other lines from the show I loved, mostly for humour, mostly to do with Starscream. The Dinobots surprisingly were allowed a few zingers too. Anyone else have any favourites?

Earth Wars 

Anyone else play Earth Wars? My second 4* con after Reflector (thus my leader/spearhead of my attack) was Razorclaw which if you read the post above, you’ll know I was dead chuffed about. I’m up to 8 guys at 4* now but three gunners and no warriors so a touch imbalanced. I’m hq13 upgrading to 14 at the moment. Don’t have the Energon storage to upgrade any 4* abilities any further so just spent some spark getting 3* Dirge and Cybertron Starscream up to lv5 for my raid team, and Astrotrain to support (hopefully) my 4* Dead End to try and get some cheap wins in the wars. Sadly I strengthened my walls too high before all my guns were upgraded so I get hardly any successful defences in the zone I’m in. Thankfully I do 15k every event so my alliance keeps me around. Anyone else playing?

Wow I can't believe somone else brought this up! That line and the whole part when they stop running has stayed with me since childhood and was such an early example of badassery!

I brought the Power of the Primes Predaking last year, it's a massive 18inch toy that looks so amazing. The Predacons are prob my favorite Transformer Sub Team.