Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

I totally forgot about this that happened in comics as well. Transformers Vs Star Trek. 

TransformerEnterprise.jpeg

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The other thing I'd like to brag about is that when I was six I won a Transformers colouring competition held by Toymasters. The prize? Fortress Fucking Maximus.

Life peaked that day.

Do you still have Fortresses Maximus? The orginal G1 toy was the size of a small child.

This video has a nice bit of background history on the larger Transformers toys/characters.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

This isn't 100% relevant, but they've closed down the Doomed Anecdotal Megathread now, so this is the nearest place that I could place it.

Because of @Otto Dem Wanz post of Thomastator, I had to check some TTTE names, as I couldn't remember who the red or green ones were.

I found this utterly inexplicable Google listing of the voice cast:

thomas tank engine narrator wtf.png

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Yer wha @Carbomb?

Sorry man - gonna sound odd, but your avatar and @Uncle Zeb's look similar to an idiot who's only taking a quick swatch and not actually looking at them or the poster name.

17 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Do you still have Fortresses Maximus? The orginal G1 toy was the size of a small child.

I do - and yep, it was nearly bigger than me. Besides defending the Autobots he also made himself useful in other ways. On Christmas Eve one year he stood outside my room wearing a balloon head and Santa hat, holding out a plate of sprouts and a glass of milk.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

This isn't 100% relevant, but they've closed down the Doomed Anecdotal Megathread now, so this is the nearest place that I could place it.

Because of @Otto Dem Wanz post of Thomastator, I had to check some TTTE names, as I couldn't remember who the red or green ones were.

I found this utterly inexplicable Google listing of the voice cast:

thomas tank engine narrator wtf.png

Brosnan was the narrator on the American version as far as I know, where they also had George Carlin and Alex Baldwin after Ringo Starr left while we got Michael Angelis. It's the same surprise as when I discovered William H Macy is narrator for Curious George when my nephews were younger. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thomas_%26_Friends_voice_actors

30 minutes ago, BigJag said:

That's brilliant. They're worth a fair bit now. Although yours must be priceless with the associated memories. 

It's the awkwardness of trying to post the damn thing that's put me off selling for so long, not sentimentality. 😄 If anyone wants to wave a fat wad of cash under my nose though, feel free.

• Paid Members

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I totally forgot about this that happened in comics as well. Transformers Vs Star Trek. 

TransformerEnterprise.jpeg

There's a Transformers:Terminator crossover comic about to come out or it may already be out.

transformers-vs-the-terminator-crossover-series-idw-dark-horse.thumb.jpg.8b4d8546899d94ccb1f8d2a2c491e926.jpg

Plus there have been various GI Joe cross overs in the past. 

Transformers-VS-G.I.-Joe-Roll-Out-Roll-Call-Exclusive-Cover.jpg.8426f2f2761ea57460b8f6161eb02b3b.jpg

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Just watched the first 10 eps of that Transformers for Beginners YouTube and its incredibly well done. Frankly I had no idea what fit in to which continuity and what not before it.

In my head everything is G1 and I just wedge everything else into it or the Bay train wreck universe but that's probably because they are the only two I ever really watched. I pretty much finished with the cartoons after Beast Wars which in my mind is a G1 prequel.

19 minutes ago, DEF said:

Just watched the first 10 eps of that Transformers for Beginners YouTube and its incredibly well done. Frankly I had no idea what fit in to which continuity and what not before it.

In my head everything is G1 and I just wedge everything else into it or the Bay train wreck universe but that's probably because they are the only two I ever really watched. I pretty much finished with the cartoons after Beast Wars which in my mind is a G1 prequel.

Yeah I kinda lost it after the Dreamwave thing, but get your point  G1, G2, Beast Wars solidish, ditto Armada and RID, after that may lord have mercy on my soul lol

Best Transformers video game? Armada (PS2 and hard as nails!) or Devastation (PS3 upwards)

• Paid Members

Devastation is a G1 fans dream in terms of look. I wasn't a fan of the game mechanics though. 

The War for Cybertron type of games were a lot of fun and had some engaging set pieces. That utilised a number of iconic characters in those set pieces. 

• Paid Members

It's your typical Platinum spectacle brawler, a la Beyonetta etc. The guy they got in to do Starscream's voice sounds very similar to Chris Latta