Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

There was chat about a Transformers thread in the Comics thread. My favourite toy line of the 80s by far, a really good cartoon, the best animated movie of the 80s and several highly dubious live action films.

So here it is an all purpose Transformers thread.

FUCK GOBOTS!

I've been eyeing up putting a pre order in for these 3 from zavvi.

Always wanted Arcee as a kid and the Quintessons. They look bad ass.

Screenshot_20200628-133852_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-133911_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-133922_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Yeah, Rock Lords were were utter shite. Nugget the robot was tolerable, but otherwise I had no desire to own one.

GoBots were a bit hit and miss. They had some good designs, but my bugbear with them was that they often did nothing to hide the robot face when it was in vehicle mode other than have it facing downwards.

• Paid Members

A couple of weeks ago I learned that GoBots were actually cyborgs - they were a previously organic species that suffered an ELE so transferred their brains into mech suits. 

• Paid Members

If i hadn't started collecting Dc toys i would be transformers collecting. Id love to collect the whole dinobot squad. I only ever had gimlock and sludge as a child.

I did however have a fucking rocklord........a rhino that turned into a rock. "Spike Stone"......i also remember a fluffy looking thing.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

I'm actually really fond of Rock Lords. They are so daft that they come all the way back round to being endearing. Despite my fuck Gobots stance in the thread title and opening post its only meant as warm hearted derision. The Gobots cartoon was the drizzling shits but I'm quite fond of Cy-kill.

You guys see the crowd funded Unicron? Holy crap I wish I had the crazy money to get that and it is CRAZY money like 600 quid worth.

E6830_Transformers_War_For_Cybertron_Unicron_10_1024x1024.jpg

E6830_Transformers_War_For_Cybertron_Unicron_07_1024x1024.jpg

• Paid Members

I've got a Unicron at my Mum's. Two really good friends got it for me for my 30th birthday. I lost my shit when I saw it. 

• Paid Members

Came across this today. Very nicely done.

Sixo on Twitter is a very good Transformers content poster. He comes up with a lot of self produced content that is highly informative and fun.

Another Twitter poster, Chris Mcfeely. Has a YouTube channel where he posts Transformers Basics videos. Usually one character per week.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've got a Unicron at my Mum's. Two really good friends got it for me for my 30th birthday. I lost my shit when I saw it. 

That one? Cos if so they aren't just good friends, they are saints.

• Paid Members

The crowd funded Unicron is an official Hasbro product that is being produced in limited numbers for whoever stumped up the £600. Its massive. Literally the size of a dishwasher.  One of the development team was posting random pictures of a pre-production unit. Unicron would be hanging out in the guys Kitchen or out by the lake.

• Paid Members

That's why it's so badass. You can imagine some dinky dinky knockoff crowd funding something of that scale but the fact that it's the official version of the most epic character makes it so much cooler. If I had that sort of disposable income then I'd have been all over it. Shit I probably should have just bunged 2 on a credit card and flogged one of them a year later. It's pretty special.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Carbomb said:

A couple of weeks ago I learned that GoBots were actually cyborgs - they were a previously organic species that suffered an ELE so transferred their brains into mech suits. 

And their planet is shaped like an apple core, as they built the metal planet around the original organic one.

latest?cb=20120609204029