Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

TFTM prime does not even look back 

"Dinobots, destroy Devastator"

Also 

"The Dinobot Snarl is mysteriously absent from almost the entire movie (maybe he was scared of getting killed off), even though the Dinobots as a group are featured prominently. It is unclear why this is the case, but one possible explanation is that copies of the script which have come into fans' hands repeatedly list the Dinobots but never make mention of Snarl by name. In fact, at one point the script refers to "the four Dinobots". Despite this, Snarl does appear in three very brief shots, although he has no lines and no action. Another theory claims that the animation model for Snarl had gone missing, hence he is only seen in static form."

How the fuck did that happen. it bugged the shit outa me as a kid

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

"Such heroic nonsense." 

The sneer Megatron has as he just point blank executes Ironhide is still chilling to me.

As Ironhide was my favourite, this really hit me as a kid. The utter callousness stunned me, and probably started me down my path of GenX nihilism. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

"Such heroic nonsense." 

The sneer Megatron has as he just point blank executes Ironhide is still chilling to me.

You pre-empted my post. That's exactly what mine was going to be precisely because it brings to mind this visual:

such heroic nonsense | Tumblr

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Herne's Son said:

The Predacons are prob my favorite Transformer Sub Team.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Constructicons even though the original toy Devastator is small and flimsy. That's just the bias of him coming first. But the Predacons make it very easy to question my favouritism, and if I weren't emotionally attached to Devastator, then my boy would easily be in first place.

20200710_095903.jpg.4f1462e685d1056b272fe6daf3037b76.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm probably going to get a bit of a bollocking from my better half but I've just preordered this bad boy on Amazon.

Some folk have already got it from the US and it's as big as Fortress Maximus. I've seen photos of it next to the original which was probably the best thing Father Christmas ever got me and it absolutely dwarfs it.

Screenshot_20200710-104921_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

I have started on MTMTE, never read any Transformers before. I had the toys and watched the cartoons when I was younger but never been a huge fan. 

So far the comic is good, a bit cartoony at points in regards to the art work but the story itself seems decent and some characters seem interesting. The biggest issue for me is so many of the Autobots looking alike, I mean I am sure regular readers and Transformer fans will be able to do this easily but for me I am finding it difficult. 

No, it's not just you. Not all of the characters are well-known, and there are a LOT of them. I'm probably going to reread it all at some point, specifically because of this - I know I lost track in places.

By the way, MTMTE/Lost Light Cyclonus is one of the biggest badasses in comics. Superb stuff.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Chris B said:

No, it's not just you. Not all of the characters are well-known, and there are a LOT of them. I'm probably going to reread it all at some point, specifically because of this - I know I lost track in places.

By the way, MTMTE/Lost Light Cyclonus is one of the biggest badasses in comics. Superb stuff.

I read Volume 1 of MTME last night and agree it is a little confusing at first but I found as it went on started to get the hang of it. Highly enjoyable read too. It's really well written IMO.

Swerve is my current favourite but Cyclonus is incredibly intriguing.

• Paid Members

You'll find as you progress with MTMTE that you get little pages like this popping up:

1kbca5.jpg

They add a little bit of depth and help you disambiguate. As @Chris B said, there are plenty of new characters, either because they're inventions of the author or are obscure or unused G1 characters, like Swerve and Tailgate, both of whom star. You soon get used to the core cast and their quirks.

I've read volume four over the last couple of days (12-16) and am midway through volume 5 (17-22, the end of "season 1") and it's struck me yet again what an amazing piece of work issues 4 and 5 are. They're a two-parter which is ostensibly self-contained and which contains predominantly new characters, plus Ratchet in a starring role. It's a beautiful story in its own right, wrapping up with a surprise happy ending, and yet so much of it feeds into the next five years. The planning is off the charts for this book.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members
Just now, quote the raven said:

This turned up today... I’m blaming DEF 

C662EF9F-B614-4D36-8780-496D227D2769.jpeg

A wise choice sir. I'm also going to crack that on today. It's been a couple of years. For some dumb reason I collect different releases of it. I think I have something like 14 versions from VHS, DVD, UMD and Bluray.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

I also went down the transformers collecting rabbit hole. 

How do so many companies get away with 3rd party models? Also if you start collecting a range, can you mix and match or does that throw the scale out? Looks like mine field 

I was wondering that. Why don't Hasbro kick off? Seems mental. Looking on Ebay there is an insane amount of them. They look great to but I can't allow myself to fall down that rabbit hole. 

"I would have waited an eternity for this moment. It's over Prime" 

"Never!!" 

Is about as iconic as you'll get. 

For those going down the toy collection and 3rd party stuff the likes of kitty toyshop will have toysizes listed so you can scale if needs be. 

Average delivery from China is about 2-6 weeks