The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

The worst thing for me would be if finally getting Alexa Bliss back, and to something approaching a full time wrestler schedule, ended with her involved in spooky bollocks.

38 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

even when it was for Bray Wyatt, I'm not sure it added anything. It teased that he was coming back, sure, but it's not like it fed into what he ended up doing on-screen or anything. All a waste of time to keep a particular flavour of nerd convinced that something deeper was going on than spooky cosplay.

I get Bo Dallas wanting to keep Bray's thing going, but I'm dreading it. I can't imagine it being anything but a constant uncomfortable reminder of who isn't there and why. It smacks of Lance Von Erich.

The original vision for whatever this was supposed to be hadn't been working well, and when you remove Bray's charisma from the equation and run with Bo Dallas as the leader, it faces an uphill battle if it's going to succeed. 

That said - I can see how it might work; having Dallas explicitly say that while his brother may be gone, he lives on through this vision - adding a layer of real emotion to the thing, and humanising the concept. Humanising The Dark Order worked well in AEW, and while the context here is different and the story probably can't have that comedic edge, I think there's a chance - albeit a small one - that it could end up working, even if it doesn't propel anyone to a PPV main event. 

Who's the spooky boy from NXT who looks like he collects Pokemon cards and fingernails? Isn't he meant to be good? Can't he be the leader? Bo Dallas is basically the personification of the word 'sidekick', so if it's going to have any legs at all, they need to bring a new leader in surely?

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Who's the spooky boy from NXT who looks like he collects Pokemon cards and fingernails? Isn't he meant to be good? Can't he be the leader? Bo Dallas is basically the personification of the word 'sidekick', so if it's going to have any legs at all, they need to bring a new leader in surely?

Joe Gacy? The guy who was doing the woke-inspired 'spooky' gimmick? I wasn't massively impressed by what he had to offer as a character; but to be fair, the same could be said for a number of NXT wrestlers who clearly do have talent. It's a strange little show. 

• Paid Members

There’s been rumours of a Wyatt 6 group with Bo, Dexter Lumis, Rowan, Joe Gacy, Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss. It gives a few of them something to do but it’s not exactly main event/top stars. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

There’s been rumours of a Wyatt 6 group with Bo, Dexter Lumis, Rowan, Joe Gacy, Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss. It gives a few of them something to do but it’s not exactly main event/top stars. 

Imagine wanting a House Of Black tribute band and coming up with this shit. Booker of the year sown up with the debut of the House Of Cack. 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Imagine wanting a House Of Black tribute band and coming up with this shit. Booker of the year sown up with the debut of the House Of Cack. 

I'm just grateful Karrion Kross isn't in there.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm just grateful Karrion Kross isn't in there.

Final Testament vs House of Cack in a 'First Pop' match.

Raw would need every second of those three hours.

They hyped Ricochet as inaugural Speed champion and showed the pic of him with his belt then rendered it so meaningless as he’s not arsed about carrying it about with him.

Why should I care if he doesn’t?

• Paid Members

The Speed title belt has to be moving at a minimum of 50mph at all times or it explodes, so it has to stay on the road. 

5 minutes ago, FUM said:

They hyped Ricochet as inaugural Speed champion and showed the pic of him with his belt then rendered it so meaningless as he’s not arsed about carrying it about with him.

Why should I care if he doesn’t?

The belt’s as prestigious as The Greatest Royal Rumble winner’s title belt.

9 minutes ago, JLM said:

The Speed title belt has to be moving at a minimum of 50mph at all times or it explodes, so it has to stay on the road. 

"I think he was called...the wrestler who couldn't slow down"

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Dexter Lumis! Had completely forgotten he was a thing. Did they not release him?