The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

what I've heard about Brock is that he works snug and prefers when opponents work snug with him (which is an easier thing to ask for when you only work once every few months), but it's the difference between stuff that hurts and stuff that injures. When I did a seminar with Tatanka, he asked everyone in the room who they thought the most "dangerous" and legitimate person in WWE right now was, and everybody said Brock Lesnar - he followed up by asking if anybody could name anyone who would had been injured by Brock since he returned to WWE, and nobody could. That was his way of illustrating that if you present somebody as legit, people will believe it, and there's a lot more going on there with Brock, but he's not a guy who habitually injures people.

That said, The Rock almost needs to be treated like a celebrity guest at this point and put in there with someone safe enough to work a match around him, and that's not Brock's strong suit. Reigns, meanwhile, not only has the in-built story with The Rock, but other than the Spear has a moveset that's mostly built on allowing his opponent to completely control their own bump, and builds matches around long, extended periods of inaction, and that's far better for The Rock, assuming that he's in even worse condition for wrestling now than he was against John Cena.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Can we at least let him finish the Fast and Furious series before we real life kill him.

It's fine, they'll just have a CGI version of him drive off into the sunset, they've already got a template.

I sort of wish Lashley or Lesnar were bigger speakers as I'd love to learn more about their match and what happened.

Lesnar kept suplexing Lashley, and you could see Lashley getting more and more uncomfortable until he did start turning into the bump, taking it on his shoulder rather than across the flat of his back.

How did they get there? Why didn't Lashley communicate to do something else, or that he was being overshot onto his head and neck? Why did Lesnar hit so many suplexes even after Lashley started turning into them?

Bizarre.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Can we at least let him finish the Fast and Furious series before we real life kill him.

Jesus. I mean, Lesnar vs Reigns had many unnecessary chapters but... how many of them do we need? I bet its like Star Wars where they just make the same movie again with different actors and everyone's happy.

?

57 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I sort of wish Lashley or Lesnar were bigger speakers as I'd love to learn more about their match and what happened.

Lesnar kept suplexing Lashley, and you could see Lashley getting more and more uncomfortable until he did start turning into the bump, taking it on his shoulder rather than across the flat of his back.

How did they get there? Why didn't Lashley communicate to do something else, or that he was being overshot onto his head and neck? Why did Lesnar hit so many suplexes even after Lashley started turning into them?

Bizarre.

Dont think its all that hard to figure out. Lesnar hits a safe German Suplex, and then Lashley dumps him on his head with his German. The next couple of Lesnar Germans are noticibly different than that first one, where he doesnt release his hands and folds up Lashley with both. Probably just a reciept.

38 minutes ago, Dai said:

Dont think its all that hard to figure out. Lesnar hits a safe German Suplex, and then Lashley dumps him on his head with his German. The next couple of Lesnar Germans are noticibly different than that first one, where he doesnt release his hands and folds up Lashley with both. Probably just a reciept.

I don't remember the Lashley one, but that would make sense. Lesnar does seem to believe in receipts.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:59 AM, BomberPat said:

When I did a seminar with Tatanka, he asked everyone in the room who they thought the most "dangerous" and legitimate person in WWE right now was, and everybody said Brock Lesnar - he followed up by asking if anybody could name anyone who would had been injured by Brock since he returned to WWE, and nobody could. That was his way of illustrating that if you present somebody as legit, people will believe it, and there's a lot more going on there with Brock, but he's not a guy who habitually injures people

That's a weird argument.  Being legitimate and injuring people don't go hand in hand.  Lesnar IS one of (if not the) the most legitimate guys on the roster based on his past both inside and outside of wrestling.  That point isn't debatable surely, regardless of whether her hurts anyone or however he's presented on screen. 

I'm never very convinced by the arguments that Lesnar is too dangerous for someone. I get that he works a tough, physical style, but he's also been around long enough to know the score. Tell him he's in for the biggest pay day of his life and against someone who helped him on his way up and I reckon it'd be a while different match. 

Plus, I'd be far more sceptical about The Rock being in a long match than a Brock match. Half the match with Brock should be a stare down. You do some punches, Rock does a Rock Bottom, Brock kicks out, Brock does the F5, Rock kicks out, Rock goes for the People's Elbow, Brock kips up and F5's Rock for the win. Your actual match goes about 5 minutes. 

I honestly think a match with Roman might be harder because there's the temptation to go long. 

Although, having said that, imagine if they bring in Rock and have Roman obliterate him. No idea where you'd go after that though. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Although, having said that, imagine if they bring in Rock and have Roman obliterate him. No idea where you'd go after that though. 

If you do that at Elimination Chamber, you go to Mania and crown Cody. Go directly to Cody, do not pass Go, do not collect ÂŁ200.

6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The Rock has it in his movie contracts that he's not allowed to lose a fight. Is he going to be willing to lose in wrestling?

I mean, he lost to John Cena. Surely he’d be more than willing to lose to Roman, particularly when you consider the family connection?

I’m curious as to how the eventual match with play out. The matches with Cena and Punk - for me, at least - were all pretty weak. Now that The Rock is more than a decade older, they’re going to have to be really smart about this if they’re to avoid a stinker.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The Rock has it in his movie contracts that he's not allowed to lose a fight. Is he going to be willing to lose in wrestling?

17 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I mean, he lost to John Cena. Surely he’d be more than willing to lose to Roman, particularly when you consider the family connection?

To be more blunt, you don’t start even talking about or hinting at the match if you get the suspicion that he’s not coming in to do business. I get the impression that from helping Roman in the 2015 Rumble all the way to the notion that phrases “Tribal Chief” and “Head Of The Table” were even coined with a feud with him in mind, everything Rock will be willing to do with WWE in such a regard will have an end game of making Roman the big deal. Just like the two years they put into Cena vs Rock had Cena stand tall at the end. Rocks had his day and he knows it. He’s a pro, on top. He used to lose to Al Snow, Boss Man or fucking anyone if they asked him.

I’m looking forward to it, if they don’t fuck Cody on the way. The promo for Heyman virtually writes itself. Mention Rock having a home in Australia where Chamber is. Remind us Roman won the Mania main in Hollywood so he’s already won at The Rocks home once already, now he’s going to win at his other home. Prove he’s head of not just the table but Rocks table and any table in any home he wants to sit at. Simple.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He lost to Dominic Toretto in Fast Five and Deckard Shaw in Furious 7. But he looked strong in defeat.

• Paid Members

IMG_7443.webp.3cc5727b9ba18b7679f102bdf610a479.webp

Lets go, ignite
Elements collide
And a flash of light

And you feel the boom!
That means its time
Light the fuse, bring the boom!

Next Monday Night!

That bonkers, fever-dream graphic aside, this was a mostly rubbish, skippable show. Three hours of filler. Terrible crowd, too. You know it’s bad when even Michael Cole is specifically mentioning the weather stopping people attending, to excuse the Thunderdome-levels of atmosphere.

The only other thing of note is that the rhythms and patterns of this New Day vs. Imperium thing sure makes it feel like we’re leading towards the return of our boy Big E. I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but the idea of all three of Imperium facing off against Kofi and Woods in the Rumble, only for the buzzer to go off, followed by a big, “OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH FLORIDA! DON’T YOU DARE BE SOUR!”? Well, that would just be the best fucking thing of all time, wouldn’t it?

Honourable mention to Seth Rollins’ newest cynical attempt at giving himself some type of personality, hiding the fact that he’s the dullest, shittest performer in the business.

IMG_7444.thumb.jpeg.10161197421d8dbfb8fc39a5e18c0c17.jpeg