The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Great to see DIY again, the Creed Brothers looked amazing in my opinion, but other than that I'm struggling to remember what happened on Raw, and I've only just finished watching it. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Priest will cash in on Rollins rather than Roman, as Priest hasn't really shown me anything to suggest he'd be a better champion than Roman.

7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I would put money on Nakamura's opponent being Randy Orton.

I'm quite looking forward to having Randy back, but i'm not really sure what I want them to do with him. I want him back as a sort of presence on the shows, but I don't think I want him doing anything meaningful with anyone I particularly like.

Maybe Gunther would be good, but suspect that might be a bit physical for Randy. Cody, maybe, but the risk there is you just make Cody boring.

14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm quite looking forward to having Randy back, but i'm not really sure what I want them to do with him. I want him back as a sort of presence on the shows, but I don't think I want him doing anything meaningful with anyone I particularly like.

Maybe Gunther would be good, but suspect that might be a bit physical for Randy. Cody, maybe, but the risk there is you just make Cody boring.

He'll come back, look motivated, and then stop giving a shit again, as per. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Nick James said:

I am ever so slightly obsessed with Chelsea Green. Niven as Anvil was a hoot too.

Yeah she could easily get by on her looks, but I love that she seems to revel in making an arse of herself like all good lower card heels should. Dressing as Bret Hart but denying the kid the sunglasses was superb. 

Edited by JLM

39 minutes ago, Winston said:

The Creed Brothers are awesome, Julius especially could go right to the top.

Julius Creed is amazing. Assuming he doesn't do something stupid, he has future Wrestlemania main eventer written all over him. He's so impressive. 

I might regret saying this in a few months time, but I thought Miz did really well in the babyface role. He was obviously awful last time he was cast as a good guy, but I feel less pessimistic about him now that Vince McMahon is gone from creative. Most babyfaces are presented reasonably well at the moment. 

Gunther/Miz is a match that I find weirdly intriguing. 

Drew McIntyre is also superb at the moment. I'm not the biggest Seth Rollins fan (...or even a Seth Rollins fan, full stop), but I'm really enjoying their storyline. I could see Damien Priest cashing in Money in The Bank, costing McIntyre his moment once again; with Drew blaming Rollins and fully turning heel. 

Whatever the case, I'm really liking what they're doing. 

Raw is a better watch when you pretend Gunther is the World Champion.

Miz has had such a good run these past 6 months, too.

All in for Miz/Gunther.

It’s really exciting when Cody does an angry promo where he doesn’t overthink the words to use, too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I wonder what the general feeling is here for Gunther because I assume everywhere else is quite high on him but he honestly doesn't do much for me. It's obviously because I'm a matches-aren't-enough guy and plenty of people are - that's fine - but is he not so dull? 

He's in that parallel universe I hallucinate where fans think LA Knight is an embarrassing dad who still has Best of Raw Vol. 2 on the Silvervision. Take the in ring stuff away and you're just left with a modern day Triple H production of Ludvig Borga. Meticulously managed down to every camera cut for each pose but beneath it all he's just Stoic European.

I don't want him running over Stephanie's dog or playing the banjo or anything but I'd like to see something more. Just battering people is great but I feel like you need a bit of charisma or being Goldberg to pull it off where it's genuinely a high point of the show each week. Imperium's music hitting on Raw is one of them "I can browse other tabs" moments for me. 

I think the presentation of Gunther (the entrance, the announcement, the music) is absolutely spot on, but apart from that, he leaves me a bit cold, and I agree, he's a bit dull.

His matches involving Sheamus were absolute bangers, so maybe he can just feud with him for the rest of his career.