d-d-d-dAz Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 (edited) 34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Seth Rollins vs Sami Zayn is the type of match that would be in the midcard of a PWG DVD from 2005 that I would skip past without even watching to get to something more interesting. I know I should be less fickle as an adult fan, but if I don’t care for the tone setter promo at the start of the show I lose all interest. Fighting back the urge to turn this show off now, especially as I have zero interest in seeing those two absolute losers wrestle for the honour of holding the fourth most important men’s singles title in the company. Losers. I did see that there was a smattering of CM Punk chants during Nakamura’s match. They’ve only got themselves to blame if that catches on. Remember how when Vince McMahon would look Stone Cold in the eye and tell Austin he had to face The Undertaker IN HELL IN A CELLLL? All blood red eyes and drool coming out the corners of his mouth? Perfect, right. If you’re pissed off and telling someone their fate, you tell them to their face… right? Not Adam Pearce. He chooses to dramatically swivel and yell ‘WAR GAMES’ directly into the hard cam. Fucking awful. Horrible, horrible show. Edited November 7, 2023 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
FUM Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 Granted I went to bed early but I was enjoying RAW last night till I read this thread. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted November 7, 2023 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2023 I've only glimpsed clips on YouTube as per, but was the finish to the Miz match as bad as it seemed? Like, it looks like Miz was pulling out some stops and actually wrestling a high energy babyface match, then they did a double pin finish but didn't seem to match it properly, and finally they ended with him being flattened, destroying any momentum they had behind someone who has already historically struggled to get over as a face. The whole thing looked a proper mess, to the point that it even seemed to me like the referee was saying he hadn't won! Quote
FUM Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 14 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: I've only glimpsed clips on YouTube as per, but was the finish to the Miz match as bad as it seemed? Like, it looks like Miz was pulling out some stops and actually wrestling a high energy babyface match, then they did a double pin finish but didn't seem to match it properly, and finally they ended with him being flattened, destroying any momentum they had behind someone who has already historically struggled to get over as a face. The whole thing looked a proper mess, to the point that it even seemed to me like the referee was saying he hadn't won! It could have been planned that the referee was to look a bit confused but the finish would have been fine had he just counted the three and let Ricochet kick out. He totally stalled between the two and three which made it look terrible. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 7, 2023 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2023 Camouflaged Man. CM. CM Punk return confirmed. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 7, 2023 Author Posted November 7, 2023 Do we think the War Games match will be 4v4 or will someone else be added to each team? I could see Drew joining up with Judgement Day, which would leave a spot on on the face side for a returning Orton maybe? Quote
Doog Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 If they do I hope to god they announce Orton before the show or its definitely getting hijacked with CM Punk chants and then a pissed off crowd ruining the main event when it isn't him. On that note also, I was reading that Triple H wants Ortons return to be a massive thing and all anyone talks aboit etc and it'll be promoted across social media, if that is the case then they're not having Punk show up as well so that should put to bed those rumours if/when Orton is announced. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 Would they throw Orton straight into a War Games match? Seems risky. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 7, 2023 Author Posted November 7, 2023 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: Would they throw Orton straight into a War Games match? Seems risky. Doesn't have to do anything too crazy though does he? Could be the last man in, hit a few of his signature spots, a few RKO's etc. Match could be done within 5/10 minutes after he comes in. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted November 7, 2023 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2023 57 minutes ago, Supremo said: Shit Barry Windham, you're just a shit Barry Windham. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 7, 2023 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2023 16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Shit Barry Windham, you're just a shit Barry Windham. Everyone is a a shit Barry Windham, including Bazza himself at times. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 7, 2023 Members Posted November 7, 2023 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Camouflaged Man. CM. CM Punk return confirmed. It's Ben the soldier from Sunny! Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 7, 2023 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2023 Being colour blind, at first glance I thought it was Goldust. 1 hour ago, The King of Old School said: Could be the last man in, hit a few of his signature spots, a few RKO's etc. Blade job asking too much? Quote
RedRooster Posted November 7, 2023 Posted November 7, 2023 4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I did see that there was a smattering of CM Punk chants during Nakamura’s match. They’ve only got themselves to blame if that catches on. Outside of Nakamura hitting the GTS, I'm not sure I agree with that. The things people have perceived as hints have been so tenuous - like people going mad over Seth Rollins saying 'cry me a river' - as if thin-skinned Punk would have green lit the company using the words Jungle Boy said that led to him leaving AEW; or that they'd even consider doing that in the first place. They'd be wise to keep them at bay, though - and announce his opponent for the show well in advance; or have Nakamura start being so blatant about who it is that it's blatantly obvious who he might be facing. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.