VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

Yeah that’s a good shout. Ease them in with Camp Cretaceous then they might be able to detach from reality a bit better. All kids are different though. Two of mine can watch some ridiculous stuff for their age, one gets scared at the weird Halloween cuts of Peppa Pig that people make on YouTube and another was only really scared of tense music. 

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

My little sister was obsessed with The Land Before Time when she was little. Might be worth showing them that.

Haven't seen it in ages but I remember enjoying it. Isn't that something that's got a ridiculous amount of sequels? Probably keep them busy for a while!

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Haven't seen it in ages but I remember enjoying it. Isn't that something that's got a ridiculous amount of sequels? Probably keep them busy for a while!

Yeh, I remember seeing a fourth one listed in IMDb some years ago, so lord knows how many there are now.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Other than the big pit mysteriously appearing in the T-Rex paddock which has wound me up for 31 years I think it's flawless.

Ha, yep me too. There's a few things in the film that don't make any sense at all but when you've got Spielberg at the absolute height of his blockbuster powers the film just goes so hard you completely accept these massive logic gaps without any hesitation or notice.

• Paid Members

Not sure if there is one near you @cobra_gordo, but there is 3D 4DX screening of Jurassic Park at Cineworld in the next few weeks. I haven't seen it in 4DX but have seen the 3D release which is one of the best 3D conversions I have ever seen. Spielberg makes sure they are done correctly.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Going back a few posts but I'd argue A Land Before Time would be more traumatic to kids than Jurassic Park, that dinos death had me in bits when I was small.

There's probably a whole thread on heart-breaking moments in kids' films - Bambi's mum, Mufasa, Atreyu losing Artax, Littlefoot's mum, Bongo (from Upside Down), Buzz Lightyear discovering he's a toy...

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

There's probably a whole thread on heart-breaking moments in kids' films - Bambi's mum, Mufasa, Atreyu losing Artax, Littlefoot's mum, Bongo (from Upside Down), Buzz Lightyear discovering he's a toy...

The ‘Remember Me’ song at the end of Coco absolutely destroyed me. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Cried too much and the formatting went weird