VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was elated to see the kids from the 80s cartoon in the maze scene briefly, instantly one of my fave easter eggs ever, I love that cartoon.

Want to know something else 

Spoiler

They were played by the original voice actors According to this article https://variety.com/2023/artisans/news/dungeons-dragons-movie-easter-eggs-1235569497/

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Want to know something else 

Hide contents

They were played by the original voice actors According to this article https://variety.com/2023/artisans/news/dungeons-dragons-movie-easter-eggs-1235569497/

Spoiler

I wish that were true but considering the voice of Eric was Ralph f'n Malph from happy days and in the film he was a young Asian guy I don't think so

• Paid Members

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (cinema)

As widely reported, a great time. Over two hours just flew by. I still don't get the appeal of Chris Pine but he seemed well suited to this. Will definitely go and see it again if it sticks around at the cinemas.

Mummies (cinema)

Fuck off.

Tetris (I believe it's on Apple but I didn't watch it there)

Takes the story behind possibly the greatest video game ever and turns it into a bland 'Wasn't communist Russia horrible?' comedy-drama that focuses on Taron Egerton more than the guy who actually made the fucking game. Roger Allam as Robert Maxwell makes it worth watching though, an incredible vision.

Thirteen (Netflix)

These teenage rebellion dramas are all the same. Holly Hunter and Evan Rachel Wood are ace though, and still are.

White House Down (Netflix)

I enjoy this film a lot and it's a rare occasion where a film goes on forever and I'm absolutely fine with that. Give Maggie Gyllenhaal a machine gun though, come on.

Lisa (1990) (ok.ru)

The daughter from My Two Dads tries hooking up with a serial killer and tells her mum, Cheryl Ladd, that she's a slut. A classic, obviously.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Hide contents

I wish that were true but considering the voice of Eric was Ralph f'n Malph from happy days and in the film he was a young Asian guy I don't think so

Yeah I looked on IMDB so not sure where Variety got it from (or why it’s still there a week on).

• Paid Members

Raiders of The Lost Ark.

Never seen the whole thing before. Don’t get the hype at all, first 2/3 of the film are a drag. They can’t decide whether they want Marion to be a strong co-lead or the love interest and meet awkwardly in the middle.
For a PG it’s bizarrely violent and gory.

I remember thinking Temple of Doom was shite when I saw that too, but really enjoyed Last Crusade when I saw that years ago. Doubt my opinions will change watching them again.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Raiders of The Lost Ark.

Never seen the whole thing before. Don’t get the hype at all, first 2/3 of the film are a drag. They can’t decide whether they want Marion to be a strong co-lead or the love interest and meet awkwardly in the middle.

I remember thinking Temple of Doom was shite when I saw that too, but really enjoyed Last Crusade when I saw that years ago. Doubt my opinions will change watching them again.

Farce the Music: Raiders of the Lost Ark Country Reaction Gifs

3 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Raiders of The Lost Ark.

I hope your face melts.

spacer.png

Yeah, I wondered if Raiders held up past nostalgia so watched it a while back and it absolutely does. It’s in the same bracket as North by Northwest in that it’s just a timeless thrilling ride from start to finish. It’s got everything.

• Paid Members

Ghostbusters Afterlife

It’s not as good as the first one but way better than any of the others.
If you can look past the fact the kids just know how to do everything without any instructions or training and nobody except Paul Rudd seems to know ghosts and ghostbusters exist, it’s a very fun film with an exciting and emotional finish. 

• Paid Members

Operation Fortune: Ruse De Gerre

Really enjoyed this. I’m a fan of Statham in pretty much everything so this was an easy sell. Aubrey Plaza and the rest of the cast are great - Josh Harnett possibly the VIP, surprisingly great turn from him. Some nice, creative shots employed throughout as well. Dead easy watch in just shy of two hours. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Operation Fortune: Ruse De Gerre

Really enjoyed this. I’m a fan of Statham in pretty much everything so this was an easy sell. Aubrey Plaza and the rest of the cast are great - Josh Harnett possibly the VIP, surprisingly great turn from him. Some nice, creative shots employed throughout as well. Dead easy watch in just shy of two hours. 

I thought it was crap, Aubrey Plaza, Hugh Grant and Carey Elwes but then I quite enjoyed The Gentleman and Wrath of Man so what do I know.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Ghostbusters Afterlife

It’s not as good as the first one but way better than any of the others.
If you can look past the fact the kids just know how to do everything without any instructions or training and nobody except Paul Rudd seems to know ghosts and ghostbusters exist, it’s a very fun film with an exciting and emotional finish. 

I seem to be in the minority in hating the ending but otherwise this was pretty good and the new spooks were a really good addition. Looking forward to the sequel.