WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Alyx feels like the biggest game to never be played because of the inevitable lower ratio of people who own VR. I'd have played it as soon as it launched had it not been VR. It's the closest thing we have to Half Life 3. But I know nothing about it and just don't give a shit because I'm not adapting to the technology any time soon. 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:05 AM, Harvey Dent said:

Yeah it’s a real shame that there’s such a barrier to entry on it. Not just in cost, but I know a lot of people really don’t get on in VR at all due to motion sickness etc.

Hopefully one day Valve will remember they make games.

Oculus just updated their firmware and added Airlink, replacing the need to use Virtual Desktop to play PCVR games wirelessly through your headset. Played a bit of Half Life and Beat Saber yesterday and the stability/latency is fantastic - they're using algorithms to adjust the stream quality dynamically, something which Virtual Desktop struggles with. The latency and stuttering through VD was passable for some games but stuff like Beat Saber was fairly unplayable - no longer the case with Airlink. It's really opened up the potential of the headset and amazing that something which had already given me fantastic value for money since I bought it is still improving and expanding it's limitations.

They also added support for 120Hz display in their games, just waiting for games to update to use it though - that'll be another massive improvement (90Hz was already pretty fantastic though).

I’m playing Littlewood, an excellent Stardew Valley like game, combined with a town builder. The premise is that you’re rebuilding your town after the final battle in an RPG, and although it takes a few (in game) days to really open up, it’s an absolute blast to play. You can easily play it in short bursts, or sink yourself into it for hours at a time. I’d recommend it.

36 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I think you can still use the buttons, but I’ve ended up down the analogue route.

I have to move the right stick in a certain pattern to pitch, for batting I have to move a crosshair towards the ball and press either A or X. I’m shit at both but I’d like to try and master it.

Apparently if you’re using a loadout for a starting pitcher your batting will be a bit poo. Who’d a thunk it!!  Changed it and whilst not getting homers or ribbies in numbers, I’m the Ichiro of AA for singles!

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just opened up Breath of the Wild for the first time in months. I can't remember anything and there's way too much to do and it's all to big. I think I'm just going to have to accept it's over and I can't get back into it and I'll never play it again 🤷🏽

I think I’m the same except I’ll never accept that it’s over! The killer for me was when I got the dlc and you get a handy tool that shows where you’ve been on the map and I’ve literally been everywhere.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The killer for me was when I got the dlc and you get a handy tool that shows where you’ve been on the map and I’ve literally been everywhere.

Sorry, what's this now? I think I need this tool

On 4/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Apparently if you’re using a loadout for a starting pitcher your batting will be a bit poo. Who’d a thunk it!!  Changed it and whilst not getting homers or ribbies in numbers, I’m the Ichiro of AA for singles!

Christ almighty. I was doing pitching wrong as well! Didn’t realise you had to do a downward motion at the end, no wonder my accuracy was shite. Actually won a couple of games now!

33 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Sorry, what's this now? I think I need this tool

When you buy the dlc you get a feature on your map that you can toggle on or off and it’s a last 200 hour history of where you’ve been in squiggly line format. Very handy for ticking off shrines and secret areas you might have missed.

I'd somehow never played the DLC to the first Dark Souls and fuck me is it because I've never played it or is it tougher than the main game, Artorias was a such bitch to put down until I learnt you could batter him out of his little spell that strengthens him and even then the way he dictates the pace can catch you off guard.

Monster Hunter World (PS4) 

Ok needed a break from Borderlands so decided to give MHW another chance and nope, I still think the combat is mediocre at best. 

I was getting some enjoyment out of it when I set myself a goal to achieve (craft some armour I liked the look of) but the "hit big thing until it finally fucking dies, while dealing with the clunky combat" game play loop is already getting tiresome.

My armour looks nice though.