Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s not ruined you just need a palette cleanser. I did Breath of the Wild/Red Dead 2/ God of War in a row and I found the best way to get over that hump was to play shorter fun games with less emotional levity. 

Yeah,  Star Wars Fallen Order is doing just that for me at the moment, until we can finally meet family and the in-laws hopefully get me Valhalla for (belated) Christmas. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/27/2021 at 8:37 AM, Nexus said:

Remnant from the Ashes is dogshit, I think I got it on the Epic Game Store for free and it's just rubbish. It tries to be Bloodborne/Dark Souls but with GUNS and just isn't very good.

Got this free with PS Plus and I'm surprisingly loving it. Wouldn't say it's as difficult as any Souls games I've played but some of the bosses have been tough, and the area I'm at now has some right bastard enemies. Solo play is decent enough but it has been more fun when playing with others. Enjoy the branching paths element of it, and the amount of secrets including items and bosses. Not bad for free!

Posted

I really wanted to like it but I'm not a fan of the way difficulty seems to be linked to just throwing mobs at you, I'll give it another go and see if the enemies improve.

  • Moderators
Posted

Hades is like crack for me at the moment.. Really enjoying climbing through the heat ranks and finishing bits off. Worried I'll lose interest and motivation once I've maxed out all the weapons though, as I've now bonded with everyone so I think I've done the bulk of the story really.

Currently trying to finish off some outstanding prophecies, so forcing duo boons. Just had a really fun cast build with the Poseidon sword and lightning phalanx duo. Ended up with 7 casts by the time I got to Hades - had the Artemis legendary and exit wounds from her, and the Hermes legendary that gets your casts to fly back to you alongside the other one of his that makes them dislodge quicker. The damage output was ridiculous. Didn't even bother using my companion on the final fight as it was just too easy....

  • Paid Members
Posted

That's good going, Chest. 

I actually managed to get through The Outer Worlds. It kept my attention and managed to become sufficiently tolerable that I made it to the end of the game. That last fight with the massive robot was a pain in the arse and I ended up dropping the difficulty down, but I managed it. I'm going to leave it a few months and see whether I can get back through it with a slightly different character build and going for the other ending. It was fun enough. Tempted to try and crack through something else after a bit of a pallet cleanser. Should get back on at Spider-Man now, or maybe to @FelatioLips chagrin I'll try and get Mass Effect 2 and 3 out of the way, or finish Andromeda. 

Posted

I've been meaning to crack into Mass Effect but I'll hold on for the souped up versions coming in May. I tried to play the first one years ago, but honestly just found it a bit too sci fi droll for my liking. Same reason I'm not into Star Trek, I guess, but can understand why others would be obsessed with it. 

Curiously I'm not into Dragons Age either - another Bioware property - as it feels a bit too board gamey to me. I guess I have more of a bias toward that Obsidian/Bethesda style open world game where there's more deep exploration in first person and a bit of a sense of humor (even if it's derived from bad scripting). I still have all those games on my hard drive to just boot up, stroll around in and relax. 

Posted

Mass Effect 2 and 3 (ending aside) are both excellent action RPG's imo that trimmed most of the fat from the original.

Despite obviously being rushed I have a soft spot for Dragon Age 2 and it's smaller scale story and setting. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Biowsre do some brilliant writing and world building. I enjoyed my playthrough of Mass Effect 2, but the people watching on my stream didn't when Tali & Garrus died. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 3/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, LaGoosh said:

I've just started Persona 5. After over an hour of game time I feel like 95% of it has been cutscenes and dialogue and very little actual game time and actual doing anything. Is this just the opening and at some point can I just play the fucking thing or is the whole game like this?

I'm now 15 hours into this and I absolutely love it. As much as I love the main combat sections I'm always looking forward to getting some spare time to read, go to the cinema, work in the flower shop, enter a burger eating contest or try to chat up the hot doctor who lives round the corner. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Phenomenal.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Fingers are too long. 4/5. 

Do I get a point back for getting the commentary name spot on though?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...