WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Because I'm a sado, I signed up for a PS5 account from Turkey. I have more games than I will ever need to play so doubt I will buy much, but exchange rate means you can pre-order AEW for £20 and Spiderman 2 for £25. A years PS Plus is £15. 

46 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Because I'm a sado, I signed up for a PS5 account from Turkey. I have more games than I will ever need to play so doubt I will buy much, but exchange rate means you can pre-order AEW for £20 and Spiderman 2 for £25. A years PS Plus is £15. 

How easy is it to do? It sounds good but I'm too lazy to mess around too much..

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

How easy is it to do? It sounds good but I'm too lazy to mess around too much..

I did it at lunch. Main steps I used below:

- tethered my PS5 to hotspot with free Turkish VPN on Android with WIFI turned off on your phone, also unplugged ethernet on PS5 to make sure it was on the hot spot - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vpn.turkey

- added a new User/account with Turkish address:

Street: Tevkifhane Sk no 12
State: Fatih
City: Istanbul
Postal code: 34122

- added payment method using a Visa card setup on Crypto.com - using the same Turkish address used for the account.

- once it's set up you don't need to use the VPN and can plug your normal internet in, will just need to switch between profiles.

This has more info, but the steps above worked first time for me.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/new-method-no-vpn-required-buy-from-any-playstation-psn-region-inc-indonesia-turkey-at-face-value-with-disposable-revolut-virtual-visa-3458645

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A remake of Super Mario RPG and the MGS collection are coming to Switch!

Now with MGS being Volume 1 I do wonder if they'll somehow release 4 in a later pack.

I only get use of the Switch when the kids are at school really, but I will be buying those MGS games.

It's crazy that emulating MGS4 is only becoming feasible now. Forever the killer app of the PS3's Cell processor. The whole thing gives me flashbacks to that mental 2006 E3 conference Sony did, where Ken Kutaragi led us through endless powerpoint presentations on the Cell's architecture before the final slide said the PS3 would cost a bomb and you'd need to sell your kids to be able to afford one. 

Multiplatform games always looked better on the 360, which was easily the weaker system on paper. The thing must have been an absolute nightmare to develop for. Ended up being a great system in the end, of course. 

12 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It's crazy that emulating MGS4 is only becoming feasible now. Forever the killer app of the PS3's Cell processor. The whole thing gives me flashbacks to that mental 2006 E3 conference Sony did, where Ken Kutaragi led us through endless powerpoint presentations on the Cell's architecture before the final slide said the PS3 would cost a bomb and you'd need to sell your kids to be able to afford one. 

Multiplatform games always looked better on the 360, which was easily the weaker system on paper. The thing must have been an absolute nightmare to develop for. Ended up being a great system in the end, of course. 

The fact the arrogant twat said "People will work extra shifts to buy a PS3" says it all. They turned it around in the late 2000's though. By 2013, The PS3 was awesome.

• Paid Members

Supposedly they had MGS4 working fine on 360, but it would have had to come on five or six discs so they canned it.

It'd be great to not have it locked to PS3 anymore. I was very late in getting the console (like 2011) and having that, two Uncharteds and God Of War 3 to immediately plow through was bliss. Definitely my favourite honeymoon period with a console.

It was definitely MGS4, Demon's Souls and the Yakuza games that made me fall for the PS3 even though I had a 360 first.

I am curious as to how they'd adapt the controls for MGS4 to a non-pressure sensitive pad, it was simple for 2 and 3 but 4 is more involved with the Six Axis/DualShock 3.

• Paid Members
Just now, Weezenal said:

Is Metal Gear Solid V any good? Love Metal Gear but don't know if I have time or energy for anymore open worlds. 

In pure gameplay, it's amazing and buttery smooth mechanically. I'd say play it, but if you're interested in this individual or even the wider MGS story don't expect any kind of satisfying conclusion, on that front it's an unfinished piece of shit. I'll happily play it again one day though, so don't let my far too attached opinions on the story put you off too much!

I found that most of the interesting bits of "lore" were all in the tapes you found along the way, so much of the story is pieced together by just listening to your cassette player and that won't be for everyone. There's some really fucking cool ideas though, especially about language.

Gameplay wise it's almost perfect, I'd happily replay missions in all different ways over and over. The open world isn't too bad as you can just get a helicopter everywhere.

Edited by Merzbow