WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I see SGDQ 2023 has started but there’s nothing on YouTube. Does anyone know if the runs will end up there at some point? I thought they usually uploaded each run once it finished in a playlist so you could watch in chronological order

Just now, waters44 said:

I see SGDQ 2023 has started but there’s nothing on YouTube. Does anyone know if the runs will end up there at some point? I thought they usually uploaded each run once it finished in a playlist so you could watch in chronological order

Is there a playlist of finished runs on Twitch?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Yeah, with these in-person shows taking more manpower to kick off and get running smooth it normally takes them a couple of days to start spinning it up but they will cut each run out and upload it as its own video and into a playlist on YouTube. I'd expect the first videos to be going up later today and for them to slowly trickle in as they work through them.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, with these in-person shows taking more manpower to kick off and get running smooth it normally takes them a couple of days to start spinning it up but they will cut each run out and upload it as its own video and into a playlist on YouTube. I'd expect the first videos to be going up later today and for them to slowly trickle in as they work through them.

Thanks, that’s good to hear! GDQ is awesome, the skill and dedication the players have is pretty insane.

So glad it’s back to being in person now, the covid ones were ok but just not the same

• Paid Members

Yeah I feel the same. I've been watching GDQ since 2013 and I've kind of fallen off the last few years as the online stuff has lacked the energy of previous ones. I watch plenty of speedrun streams, appreciate GDQ for that communal vibe that just doesn't come across without the hall & couch (and honestly, the better audio production).

• Paid Members

It's a great marathon for a great cause. I think you'd probably be able to watch previous days back on Twitch until they make it to YouTube. 

I saw that Arcade Action Wrestling is on sale on the Xbox store at the moment.

I've always been curious about this one. The creation suite looks top notch for such a simple game and the gameplay looks fun enough, but it doesn't look in particularly deep. The game is on sale for 8 quid and change, which feels like a lot of it is only fun for a couple of hours. Anyone here play it?

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm watching the Bugsnax speedrun which is a weird two people affair, it's a real cool little game though.

Is this the first year they've had pronouns under everyone's name? Glad to see it.

They’ve had that for years, but it’s personal choice so not all runners/commentators have their pronouns displayed.

7 hours ago, pitseleh said:

I've always been curious about this one. The creation suite looks top notch for such a simple game and the gameplay looks fun enough, but it doesn't look in particularly deep. The game is on sale for 8 quid and change, which feels like a lot of it is only fun for a couple of hours. Anyone here play it?

Check the wrestling games thread in on topic.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, pitseleh said:

It's fun to spend a bit of time on with a friend, but doesn't have a lot of single player content and the gameplay is a touch shallow, but then it is called ARCADE Action Wrestling so it's to be expected, really. Id say the controls are somewhere between Wrestlefest and the older Smackdown games.

You can only create stuff on PC, but anything you upload to the community can be downloaded on any other platform.