WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Have the prices of the current consoles dropped yet or are they likely to?

I think I'm honestly going to end up not buying a console this generation at this rate.  Very few games I feel I really want to play, and very little time to play I suppose.  And I have a Switch which keeps me entertained.

There's not a single game I want that can only be played on PS5 or Xbox Series Whatever. Although Sony made sure I didn't buy Horizon Forbidden West by making the DLC exclusive to PS5.

40 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think I'm honestly going to end up not buying a console this generation at this rate.  Very few games I feel I really want to play, and very little time to play I suppose.  And I have a Switch which keeps me entertained.

They've actually just increased the price of the Xbox Series X in the last week 

44 minutes ago, Loki said:

Series S consoles are dirt cheap 2nd hand, I've seen them as low as £110 at Cashies but FB Marketplace have systems for not far off that but as the CO says the X is going up in price new.

Just now, Accident Prone said:

I was under the impression that the emulators were still available, but you just had to pay twenty quid or so to unlock developer mode first?

Yeah and switching modes could be a pain, this is just a way to do it again without all that.

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (playing on PS5) 

Can't even remember when I last played it, it's a weird little game isn't it? Almost up there with X-2 and The Lightning Trilogy in terms of wtf?

I think that might be why I've never been able to forget about. I'm completing it this time, for sure. 

Actually I did "complete it" but was a complete rush job, using some sort of action replay (forget what) and I can barely remember anything past the first few hours. 

Lovely looking game and another cracking OST. Even after all these years the Garden theme popped straight into my head as soon as I decided to play the game. 

29 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (playing on PS5) 

Lovely looking game and another cracking OST. Even after all these years the Garden theme popped straight into my head as soon as I decided to play the game. 

Fisherman’s Horizon is one of my all time Favs.

• Paid Members

Picked up Bus Driver Simulator 22 (or Bus Driver 22 Simulator as the logo reads) on Switch for a tenner (reduced in a sale at the moment). It's also available on Steam, and a couple of other platforms as well I think. It's not the usual mobile port shovelware that a lot of these "simulators" on Switch can be, and it's pretty involved. You get a route to follow, you have to remember to stop at stop signs, red lights etc, indicate when you're turning a corner, coming into a stop etc. There are three cities available: Rio, Munchen, and LA, and as you complete more journeys in career mode you get XP and can unlock some new vehicles. About the only thing you don't do is take the money for the tickets. It can be a little tricky to see the traffic lights, signs, and route map  in certain views if you played in Handheld mode or on the Lite, but it's pretty fun. There's a free roam mode, and you can customise your buses with a paint mode. It also gives you a little meter whenever you brake, and a passenger happiness rating. A fun game. I have a feeling I should have waited for Bus Simulator City Ride to go on sale instead, as that looks like it's got more content. I may keep an eye out for it anyway.