WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Ordered Sifu after seeing the reviews. I'm apprehensive about the difficulty, possibly losing a lot of progress and the lack of pork buns, but I can't resist that cool Kung Fu shit. I can't just keep going back to Jackie Chan: Stuntmaster and Sleeping Dogs forever... Okay I can and will, but something new would be nice!

• Paid Members

Two trophies away from the Deathloop platinum. Going to attempt the Ghost At The Party one today which I’ve been dreading the whole time! If I can do that I just need to kill myself in a rocket and it will be done

Can any of you beat this? My old man has got a bad cold (and there’s some family stuff going on which is stressing him out) so he’s hardly sleeping at the moment. On Saturday he put a seventeen hour shift in on Farming Simulator 22. It came out end of November and he’s already hit 200 hours, I reckon he will eclipse his 860 hours from FS19.

• Paid Members
On 2/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, Tommy! said:

The PS2 had 3 main GTA releases in its lifetime. The PS3 had 1 or 2 & PS4 had 1 or none based on how you class gta 5 which is apparently set to be dumped on PS5 this year if wiki is to be believed, which is amazing given it was originally released on ps3. 

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a new GTA title release until we are approaching the next gen. 

If they weren't making money hand over fist from GTA Online I'd imagine we'd have been a little further into the development of GTA6 by now. 5 GTA games came out around the PS2 era, GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas and also the spin-off titles Liberty & Vice City Stories which originally came out on PSP but also got ported to PS2.

The following generation we got GTA4,  Episodes From Liberty City with the Lost & The Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, and also the often overlooked Chinatown Wars which came out of DS, PSP and I think had a mobile version? Plus the mobile versions of the previous generation's mainline games which ended up getting ported to 360 and PS3. 

GTA5 was intended for XBox One and PS4, but subsequently ended up getting what was ostensibly a demake for PS3 & XBox 360 when Rockstar/Take 2 realised there was a ton of extra money to be made from that generation, especially with GTA Online, which from the initial preview videos I thought was all they were bringing to PS5/XBox Series (eventually). 

When the cash cow starts drying up they'll just roll out a new one. Imagine a GTA Online set in Vice? People would lose their shit over that. I just wonder how much work would go into a single player story mode since they have some story missions as part of GTA Online as well. 

2 hours ago, waters44 said:

Two trophies away from the Deathloop platinum. Going to attempt the Ghost At The Party one today which I’ve been dreading the whole time! If I can do that I just need to kill myself in a rocket and it will be done

Can any of you beat this? My old man has got a bad cold (and there’s some family stuff going on which is stressing him out) so he’s hardly sleeping at the moment. On Saturday he put a seventeen hour shift in on Farming Simulator 22. It came out end of November and he’s already hit 200 hours, I reckon he will eclipse his 860 hours from FS19.

There's a whole Farming Simulator eSports Pro League and World Championship. You should get him signed up.

• Paid Members

I'll watch that clip later, I can't imagine what a competitive Farming Simulator looks like!

Popped the plat on Deathloop yesterday. It was pretty smooth sailing to be honest other than the kill all Wenjies in 90 seconds. That took me about 30 attempts I reckon and I almost threw in the towel. The Ghost at the Feast trophy that I was dreading actually ending up being one of the most straight forward and I did it on my first proper attempt!
It's a really great game and highly recommended from me, its completely different to everything else out there. 

Moving on to the latest Hitman trilogy now, I might even try to knock out all three games in a row as they have been in my backlog for years now

• Paid Members

I tried Deathloop but I just can't get into it. I didn't find the combat particularly fun, felt like I need to have a notebook with me to keep track of everything and I just found myself constantly annoyed and wishing they had just made DIshonored 3 instead. Massive disappointment. 

• Paid Members

I’ve never played the Dishonored games but have heard they are good.

Re Deathloop - I was the same as you early doors and nearly jacked it in, but if you stick with it things just start to click. If you still have it and tempted to go back my advice would be to go on YouTube and get the really good guns early doors, that will make combat much easier. Then just follow the leads one by one, don’t worry about keeping track of everything as every bit of knowledge you come across is saved in the menu for you to look back on

I have a growing backlog of PS5 games and stuff downloaded from Game Pass. Despite this, I have dusted off my Switch and downloaded Knights of the Old Republic. I am taking my girlfriend up the highlands (not a euphemism) at the weekend and I cant think of anything she could possibly enjoy more than looking after the dogs by herself while I play a Star Wars RPG from almost 20 years ago. 

Did anyone bother with Dying Light 2? I was on the fence about it and it seemed to get mostly middling reviews and have quite a few technical issues etc. Still something I might pick up once it goes down in price and is patched up.

Probably two of the years biggest releases about to come out in Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring. I am in a weird spot with these because I am 100% certain I will buy both but I am well aware there's a decent chance I will completely bounce off at least one of them. 

Finally - Nintendo Direct tonight at 10! Most of the rumours I have seen are suggesting that a new Fire Emblem is being showcased but beyond that I don't know what to expect. It would be nice to see at least a fucking screenshot of Metroid Prime 4 but that game is becoming the VEER IS COMING TO RAW of gaming. In a dream world, they will show some footage, give a release window and then announce that Prime Trilogy is on the eshop immediately. 

22 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Finally - Nintendo Direct tonight at 10! Most of the rumours I have seen are suggesting that a new Fire Emblem is being showcased but beyond that I don't know what to expect. It would be nice to see at least a fucking screenshot of Metroid Prime 4 but that game is becoming the VEER IS COMING TO RAW of gaming. In a dream world, they will show some footage, give a release window and then announce that Prime Trilogy is on the eshop immediately. 

I had to Google to find out when this game was announced, and I can't believe it was as far back as 2017. As someone who has not played the original trilogy, I would be well up for a Switch port of those games.

To be honest though, I'm more invested in Breath of the Wild 2 being released this year, and if they finish this Direct off with gameplay footage of that, along with a release date, I'll be absolutely buzzing; even if the rest of the Direct was piss-poor. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Breath of the Wild 2

What are we expecting from the game, is it going to be set in the same Ganon-essence filled Hyrule or somewhere else? The footage they've shown so far suggests the former with a bit of a twist to it, but I hope it's somewhere different. I love exploring new places in Zelda games. I'd love them to have proper traditional dungeons too, as much as I enjoyed the shrines.

In the meantime I'm playing the Skyward Sword port and my son bought Immortals Fenyx Rising- which is a pretty good fix for Zelda fans. It's BOTW meets AC Odyssey. 

• Paid Members

A channel I follow on YouTube reckons they're announcing a Switch release of the Batman Arkham trilogy, possibly something relating to Switch Online and maybe some teasers of stuff that's coming, such as Splatoon 3?

Edited by jazzygeofferz