WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Looking similar to Untitled Goose Game, this is all the kids have asked for for Christmas, and it won't even be out then. Idiots.

You're not a goose, you're a cat. Clearly. 

Thanks for that. It's basically my daughter's perfect game. 

• Paid Members

Oh man, Max Payne 3 is still exquisite. The gunplay's unmatched, style and substance, same for the range of animations/physics to enemies you've shot. It was cool to play a Rockstar game again with all the style, production values and great little small touches with none of the open-world bloat. "TEARS" kicking in during the airport fight still bangs!

GamesMaster was better than I ever could have imagined, they nailed the tone perfectly for both the kids and the old farts like us who watched the original show and getting Rab in as the main host was a spot on choice.

There's a couple of guests you'll recognise including a household name.

7 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Got Resident Evil Village yesterday for less then 30 quid. Bargain at that price, going in blind for this one. Thoughtly enjoyed the last game, so fingers crossed its as good. 

It’s actually the first Resident Evil game I played (I felt a little behind when it came to the lore in the previous games) and I thought it was excellent, if a bit (well…fucking enormously, if I’m honest!) stressful at times.

Edited by RedRooster

24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

GamesMaster was better than I ever could have imagined, they nailed the tone perfectly for both the kids and the old farts like us who watched the original show and getting Rab in as the main host was a spot on choice.

Presenter's a right scruffy bastard though, isn't he.

• Paid Members
On 11/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, Dai said:

I can only assume Guardians of the Galaxy is getting such good reviews because of the very low expectations going in after the Avengers game? Its a slightly better than average game, and nowehere close to as good as Spiderman and the Batman games. The lack of opportunity to switch between all of the main characters seems like a massive blunder. As with Spiderman, the fighting gets repetitive, so if you had the ability to fight the goons as Drax, for example, it would have kept things fresher through the game. This might be the glitchiest game Ive ever played too, which in 2021 is surely not acceptable. Im playing it on the Xbox One, so I assume there isnt much attention being put into this version of the game, which results in really poor graphics at some points, the dialogue stopping midway through a conversation, characters merging into each other, lots of lag, and an insanely long loading time to reload a checkpoint after you die. I guess this is just the way it is now for all big games on the Xbox One. All of the upgrades you can do are all fairly underwhelming too, and not as good as the ones in the Spiderman game.

I think it's because it isn't a grind-fest like the Avengers game is, but also there's a mechanic where you do some kind of a dialogue before a big set piece, and if you do it right it blasts out some banging tune from one of the awesome mix tapes? I've not played either of them myself.

• Paid Members

Downloaded Art of Rally on PS4. My god it's hard. Has some similarities to Wipeout as far as the controls go. That was another game I struggled to get the most out of. Smoothly navigating the tracks is going to take some practice. I'm finding it difficult to avoid having the car dart of in the wrong direction.

• Paid Members
On 11/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, BigJag said:

Hi, @Accident Prone what's the issue with the PS4 fan? Is it similar to the PS3 fan issue? My PS3 had to be retired as it made an horrendous noise despite the rest of the PS3 working fine. I've read recently that hacking the PS3 has become relatively easy. I wonder if that will eliminate the fan noise?

I thought it was clogged (it was) and that opening the fucker up and cleaning it out would solve the issue (it didn't). Apparently the next step is to strip the console down even further and replace the thermal paste, but with a 2-month old taking up my time these days that's a no-go. I've just accepted the console's grim fate as some fancy collectible sitting next to my TV now.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I like that Big Boy Barry turned up and established that Games World happens in the same universe as GamesMaster, but not that Grado turned up. I'm just not a fan of him.

That nonbinary person that turned up for the first challenge was fabulous, and the challenge echoed the first challenge from the first episode of GamesMaster nicely as well. 

It'd be nice if there were more members of the general public turning up rather than people involved in the games industry and content creation, but that might not make for as interesting TV, especially when Ketchup & Mustard each won a round in convincing fashion and then only actually fought it out for one round. Having said that it wouldnt have been as much of a showcase for MK11 if it was two fifteen year old awkwardly trying to spam Scorpion's spear and uppercut from full screen. I also imagine it could have been difficult to have stayed spoiler free if people had already been sticking pictures of their golden joysticks on social media before the show had been announced. 

Presumably there'll be a VR feature every week as well given that they're sponsored by Zuckerberg's VR gimmick.

The main presenter guy and the lady presenter were good. The other guy felt like a bit of a spare part. He's presumably there to appeal to the "yoof" audience. Trevor McDonald looked like he was having fun as the GamesMaster as well.

I enjoyed more than I didn't. I'll keep giving it a watch.