WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

47 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

In my top ten games ever. Just a hypnotic experience, play with headphones if you can.

It’s even more brilliant in VR.

I didn't enjoy the original game, but found it absolutely captivating in VR (although it's one of the few VR games which caused me to feel pretty bad motion sickness) 

• Paid Members

Yeah. They gave Ratchet & Clank away last week. 

I've hit a wall in Saints Row as I just cannot seem to do the heli assault mission. Spent an hour and vented some expletives at it the other night. Did do a little more Spider-Man last night. Up to 98% story completion while I mop up the crimes and bases before I try and get the DLC done, then onto Miles Morales and Spider-cat. 

14 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Playstation are really spoiling us with all the free VR stuff. Farpoint is the most immersed I've ever felt in a game.

Can't decide if I should pick up a VR set or wait for their new one to come out. Not sure how long that'll be really, but there's quite a few games out already that I fancy a go at.

2022 at the earliest surely. They won’t be launching new hardware whilst they can’t even get the current new hardware out. I wouldn’t bother with the current set up, you have to fucking send off for bits to make it work on PS5 and cable management is apparently a nightmare. Unless I develop a tolerance to motion sickness and it’s just a wireless headset you put on and play I’ll probably never fuck with VR.

• Paid Members

Probably one for the Fighting Games thread I couldn't be bothered traipsing back through, ut I picked up Chaos Code - New Sigb Of Catastrophe on PS4. Its an Arc System Works job (they of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Under Night, Melty Blood and the other Anime Fighters.) It's slower than most anime fighters, and there's only one super meter to keep an eye on, so is a good stepping stone from the more traditional fighters like Street Fighter etc to an anime fighter. The lack of a tutorial mode may be a bit of a disappointment, but at the same time the fact that it doesn't feel the need for a tutorial mode demonstrates that there aren't really any complicated systems to worry about. The artwork reminds me of the old Sunsoft fighters like Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7 with some nice 2d sprite work. It's £16 on PSN, or I think £20ish on Steam and it's on Switch. I also picked up King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate match for £1.39 in the sale, but forgot how hard as balls the older KOF games were to play against the CPU.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Can't decide if I should pick up a VR set or wait for their new one to come out. Not sure how long that'll be really, but there's quite a few games out already that I fancy a go at.

Right now I wouldn't bother with the current gen. They've already revealed the new controllers, so it can't be too much longer for the new headset and I expect the jump in quality will be huge.

Hopefully not veering off too much because there is a specific VR thread but right now unless you want the exclusive playstation games then the Quest 2 is a far better option for now. Having the library of games which the headset plays standalone plus the ability to use it as a PCVR headset (wirelessly as well using the Virtual Desktop app) really makes it a great value product. I play Beat Saber most nights which is tremendous fun and gives the same sort of 'try and beat your score' replay value that Guitar Hero used to do - plus the modding community and ability to add custom songs really extends the lifespan of the game. Some of the PC titles such as Half Life Alyx are just astounding games, let along VR games.

Also - no camera required and no sodding wires to contend with, plus you're not restricted to playing it in front of your TV.

• Paid Members

Mrs Jazzy treated me to a£15 Nintendo Switch voucher, so I picked up Golf Story. It's an RPG with some basic golf related tasks involved. It's amusing, got a rather British sense of humour and the courses are nice. It's really chilled as well. Amusing little distraction. It also has a little quickplay mode if you want to try any of the courses in the game.