WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

14 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Replaying GOW on the PS5. I had forgotten how great that game is. Combat, story, Visuals the game has it all.

It really does. It might not have the best ever of any of those particular things but I don’t think a game has hit all three to such a high standard before or since. 

I went back to it for my replay after doing Dark Souls Remastered on the Switch and I think that made me see the combat in a new light. It’s pretty dense but within the realms of simplicity so that you don’t really have to dig much deeper than ‘throw axe, activate boy’ if you don’t want to.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm usually offered gamepass whenever I login to my XBox at the moment. I'm pondering whether to give it or PSNow a crack so as to try and get some PS3 games I missed out on played. 

I bought a subscription for PSNow on Black Friday, and while there's a good selection of games I'm having a lot of issues with the streaming. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times I'm told, despite having very good internet speeds, that my connection is not good enough to stream the game I want to play. 

A quick google has told me that this is not uncommon. I've never had issues with streaming/online gaming before, but I can't definitively say that it isn't a problem on my end - but maybe give the free trial a go first. 

You're able to download newer games to play, much like Games Pass. So it's not completely reliant on streaming. 

• Paid Members

Finished Spider-Man (the Peter Parker one) tonight on PS4. Shed a tear at the end. Good writing. Builds a nice continuity. It's left the crimes and bases for me to try and get them completed before I have a crack at the DLC as well. A lot of fun to play. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Finished Spider-Man (the Peter Parker one) tonight on PS4. Shed a tear at the end. Good writing. Builds a nice continuity. It's left the crimes and bases for me to try and get them completed before I have a crack at the DLC as well. A lot of fun to play. 

I re brought it as the package with the miles game. Not played the DLC does i trust its designed to be played after the main game? 

The haptics on Fifa 21 really give it a different dimension. It almost makes it feel like a worthwhile tweak has been made to the series. Obviously this only applies to PS5 wankers though. Anyway, what I really wanted to say was LOOK AT MY GOAL!

Meant to do it.

• Paid Members

Apologies if this has been talked about. 

So it appears a few of the old Valve team have gotten together to create this Left 4 Dead spin off titled Back 4 Blood. 

I'm weird about first person shooters. Stuff like COD and Battlefield doesn't interest me in the slightest but I always loved Left 4 Dead and am giddily excited to give this a go when it comes out. Zombies are a bit played out at the moment but it looks like bags of fun. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

55 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The haptics on Fifa 21 really give it a different dimension. It almost makes it feel like a worthwhile tweak has been made to the series. Obviously this only applies to PS5 wankers though. Anyway, what I really wanted to say was LOOK AT MY GOAL!

Meant to do it.

Meh, doesn’t look right .

I’m a Pro Evo man.

FIFA in general just doesn’t seem as realistic gameplay wise .

• Paid Members

Polygon have declared Hades to be their game of the year. Deaervingly so. I keep dipping back in for at least one attempt a day. It's getting more play than Animal Crossing at the moment, mind you Animal Crossing has long since fallen by the wayside. The islanders just aren't the same. 

56 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

I’m a Pro Evo man.

There’s a slightly more arcadey feel to it this year I think. The new camera angle and the ball ricocheting like a pinball add to that. I’ve not fucked with Pro Evo since the PS2 days.

1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

I’m a Pro Evo man.

Each to their own. Pro Evo seems to do the hard stuff easily like the gameplay, but then makes a big job out of getting the small stuff right like the interfaces and how the game is presented etc. 

• Paid Members

Pro Evo plays more like a game of football to my mind. It feels more natural, from the running, the ball control, the passing and the ebb/flow of a match. That said, whilst Pro Evo does beat FIFA gameplay wise, handily in my view, the FIFA package is so head and shoulders above it that it almost doesnt matter these days. I'd be interested to see the next gen Pro Evo though.