Best ring shape

kamicazze

Watching the Undertaker: Last ride on the WWE network, I remember undertakers shape from 2006 to 2010 when he last fought Shawn to be fantastic. He was lean, athletic and looked menacing. Over the years his shape has changed a great deal.

Then Triple H, I will always think of his best shape being in 2000. There has been times since that he seems to have added too much muscle, though i know he is a keen bodybuilder so likely was bulking before getting into the cutting phase.

Which others can you recall where their shape has altered a fair bit yet there is a standout?

Randy Orton has nearly always looked great, recent years he's looking better being thicker all over rather than his 09-10 skinny sick look he was rocking.

HHH body wise has had loads of ups and downs but I'd say he's looked his best past few years, around Mania 34 looking lean but ripped with bald head and big beard is a great look.

Guys like HBK 96-97, Rollins and Ciampa can't be overlooked from a realistic (gym goer could achieve) but athletic build to them 

In terms of classic look, Trips in 2000 looked objectively his best, but I think his post-quad surgery leaner look was fantastic. I think this was around the time of the pharmacy scandal that instigated the current wellness policy, so a fair few guys were expected to slim down a bit. I thought Hunter looked younger, leaner and more athletic, as well as the reduced bulk being a real investment in the health of his knees ongoing. It didn't last that long, if I recall.

Royal Rumble 2000 Kane with the mesh vest and still with the full mask looked awesome. As soon as the mouthpiece disappeared, his mystique was gone.

Odd one, but Perry Saturn should have gone back to his goth transvestite look when he split from the Radicalz. He was a weird looking bleeder anyway, so the PVC skirt and Cyberdog contact lenses made him look even scarier. Check him out in him & Raven vs Benoit & Malenko from Spring Stampede 99.

Also, DDP in jeans and permanently taped ribs. A simple change that took him from gangly midcarder to hero everyman.

Think Shawn Michaels in mid to late 1997 looked in great shape. His return in 2002, although smaller was still in great shape. He seemed to loose some muscle definition in early 2005, but I believe he was injured and by the time that years' Wrestlemania rolled round he was in great shape again, not as bulky as previous, but it certainly better for that time of his career.

HulK Hogan in his match against the Rock at Wrestlemania X8. Definitely subjective, but I do not think Hogan had ever been in better shape, not that he was ever in bad shape during his main/prime run.

Roddy Piper's shape fluctuated a fair bit but he was totally ripped in his match against Jerry Lawler at King of the Ring 1994.

Edge's current look is quite something. I don't know if it's his career best shape, but miles better than he looked during basically his whole main event run. He always struck me as a guy who didn't really like to put in work at the gym, but as we saw on the 24 special, he worked his ass off and it really paid off.

EPQxR1eVUAA86Wx.jpg

Then we have on the left, when he first returned from neck injury in 2004, no doubt with a lot of help, alongside his general look for his whole main event run:

12 Most Alarming Physique Transformations In WWE History – Page 13

I think Edge has been pretty clear in the past that he didn't enjoy going to the gym when he was younger, which was fine when he was working his high-paced midcard style every night with his youngster metabolism, but once he hit 30, his physique really slid. His post-injury look was clearly juiced (but well - he never looked puffy for blown-up) but I doubt he'd upped his gym work to any more than he was already doing.

Just like HHH, I think time away gave him a real perspective change. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and you could argue he was able to enjoy getting in shape because, being retired, there wasn't the professional pressure any more. But yeah, his current look definitely suits both him and his onscreen personality.

It's a definite argument, I think, for a reduced schedule across the board. Give everyone a chance to recharge, heal up, and relight that spark rather than clocking in and out every night for 300 days a year like the rest of us losers.

• Paid Members

I honestly can't be doing with this kind of shite. I know I'm stuck in my ways, but I cant take any wrestler seriously who chooses to look this way.

As kids we used to laugh at British wrestlers who were way bigger.

EN2ikuMW4AAPiOo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by garynysmon

The Rock did slim down for a bit, didn't he? He was still hefty around Welcome to the Jungle, but in that Get Smart and DTV era of stuff like Faster, he was pretty much just handsome Hollywood hunk material. I don't know when exactly it was, but suddenly he seemed to U-turn and blew up. The Furious films were the big headline role where he was an absolute tank, but it must have been before then. After that and he became known as the muscle guy, there was no turning back.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I honestly can't be doing with this kind of shite. I know I'm stuck in my ways, but I cant take any wrestler seriously who chooses to look this way.

As kids we used to laugh at British wrestlers who were way bigger.

EN2ikuMW4AAPiOo?format=jpg&name=900x900

I agree with you, I think. I'm fine with smaller wrestlers for the most part but they at least have to look like they could easily beat up the average bloke on the street. Daniel Bryan is tiny but he carries himself like he's twice the size and could bend the average bloke into the shape of a pretzel with ease. But these days there's definitely more than a few guys on TV who look like they'd struggle in a scrap with anyone. Cole is one of them. Johnny Gargano. Jimmy Havoc is another. 

Edited by LaGoosh

Ah Jimmy Havoc looks like a sack of shit. How anyone thought his look was acceptable for wrestling I'll never know. The hair, the pasty skin... He clearly doesn't give a fuck about his appearance as a wrestler so why should we? 

If you look at many on the AEW roster they look like they could bee beaten by the average fan.. Cassidy. Bucks. All look like imitations of wrestlers. Thank god for Cage, Omega et al. 

I think PAC is one of those guys. TINY when he started out in the UK but turned into a beast despite his height compared to others. 

L

Edited by Michael_3165