Best ring shape

kamicazze

8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Genuinely thought this was going to be a four-sides vs. six-sides thread.

Square is the answer to that one.

I much prefer the six sided TNA ring. They should bring that back again. I can understand why they don’t; injuries, talent don’t like it etc.... but it helped single tour TNA as something different back in the day and was a recognisable part of their brand 

4 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Adam Cole bugs me because he could bulk up and add meat to him frame, he's got the pc trainers and fitness guys to help him gain a bit of size, decent sized guys in most gyms look bigger/better than him.

If you can't be big be defined, guys like Ciampa, Gargano, etc don't have to be big to look good.

Nowadays I don't think its important to "look tough" as it did in the 80s

Cornette talks about this on his latest podcast.... basically calls on Cole to get on the roidburgers if he wants to get anywhere on the main roster

• Paid Members

Eddie G was in incredible shape as a wiry cruiserweight. Incredible athleticism, sleazy look and ripped. Had a great transformation in 2004 but obviously that's sad in hindsight. 

Luger was always in good shape but in 1997, he was as over as anyone has been and was looking and moving great.

Scotty Steiner after he turned in 1998 and changed his barnet was an absolute machine. Unlike a couple of years later, he could still move too.

0ebeba3f03d7e3982267f9e71334f9f73c0c403e_hq.jpg

1d9a31f9ebc7555a137a5e82b4ab5cfc.jpg

wcw_halloweenhavoc1998_scott.png

30 minutes ago, Meej81 said:

Cornette talks about this on his latest podcast.... basically calls on Cole to get on the roidburgers if he wants to get anywhere on the main roster

Yeah I listened to that, he has a point (not roids obviously) but he needs to add width and size to his upper body, it's only thing he's missing.

I'm watching Nitros from 96 and forgot how big Scott Steiner was, I knew he got big but i always remembered it as "heel turn/roid monster" 

46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A million?!

p1cl3q97c5r4uhr1rnlsqe1112f.jpg

I know you love him, but come on. He looked a bit less shit than before.

Heh, Ambrose is a great shout for this thread's natural counterpoint. I remember at his proper "This is the actual guy to go with" run he looked fucking woeful. I think I have bigger arms now than he did then. This was when he wrestled Triple H at Roadblock before the Leaner match at WM. 

The one we though might have been a sort of 21st century Austin/Hart. 

He was white hot at the time. 

• Paid Members

Kane in 2001 looked incredible, to the extent that I wondered if the old switcheroo had taken place by the time he unmasked. How do you go from that to not caring and looking ridiculous in less than three years? 

Edit - I have no idea how to link anything so apologies for my incompetence.

Edited by Suplex Sinner
Numpty

On 6/15/2020 at 9:59 PM, tiger_rick said:

Eddie G was in incredible shape as a wiry cruiserweight. Incredible athleticism, sleazy look and ripped. Had a great transformation in 2004 but obviously that's sad in hindsight. 

Luger was always in good shape but in 1997, he was as over as anyone has been and was looking and moving great.

Scotty Steiner after he turned in 1998 and changed his barnet was an absolute machine. Unlike a couple of years later, he could still move too.

0ebeba3f03d7e3982267f9e71334f9f73c0c403e_hq.jpg

1d9a31f9ebc7555a137a5e82b4ab5cfc.jpg

wcw_halloweenhavoc1998_scott.png

That's the best Steiner ever looked and quit possibly the best physique any wrestler has ever rocked.!

Yeah, how dare he be accused of usage in a business where everyone and their dog (at the time) was majorly on the gas.

As a lifter for over 25 years I can give assurance that no one is achieving that look without a cocktail of Deca, dianbol, Test and some Winstrol thrown in to dry it all out.

WCW back the was basically a cauldron of gear, blow and strippers wasn't it.

To be fair it resulted in everyone looking Jacked. Hence why Savage who was about 50 suddenly was able to gain aload of bulk and gave us arguably his best look:

Randy_Savage_WCW.jpg

Even ol Sandman in Wcw said he got on the shit hence why he looked amazing (for him) ipon his Ecw return:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw7-Q15zGkHz-05998xoi

Couldnt find a great pic but if you watch his Ecw return vid he looks jacked! 

That's his best look by a mile looked utterly badass