Best ring shape

kamicazze

• Paid Members
On 6/15/2020 at 4:04 PM, CavemanLynn said:

The Rock did slim down for a bit, didn't he? He was still hefty around Welcome to the Jungle, but in that Get Smart and DTV era of stuff like Faster, he was pretty much just handsome Hollywood hunk material. I don't know when exactly it was, but suddenly he seemed to U-turn and blew up. The Furious films were the big headline role where he was an absolute tank, but it must have been before then. After that and he became known as the muscle guy, there was no turning back.

Pain and Gain, the movie he did with Marky Mark is when he monstered up physique wise.

• Paid Members

Rock wasn't a patch on 2002 as a worker though. Not sure you're grasping the point of the thread! We all love a meathead but bringing up the fucking Warlord in a thread about best ring shape is taking the piss! Rock looked this business throughout his big run but I think 2002 was peak for both look and work.

With you on Barbarian though, he looked the business and was a good athlete. I think he's up there for my favourite wrestling look.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Bossman initially looked ginormous around Wrestlemania 5 whilst one half of the Twin Towers. Once that run was over he trimmed down a fair bit for his solo run. It allowed him to have a crazy turn of speed for a man his size.

01_WWE-Encyclopedia2621.jpg

001_BBMstudio--ee6488ab55ede5fc3c272a446d7df969.jpg

• Paid Members

Perhaps it was just the gear, but his Attitude Era SWAT team look made him look a lot slimmer. I always liked that repackaging from the 80s cartoony gimmick into the cynical 90s gimmick. Nothing wrong with either, just liked the imagination involved in making it work.

As a side note I find it incredible that he was 26-28 during his late 80s run. 

Mad he seemed to have been about forever and washed up. By 1999 when he was mid 30s.

It's mad back then mid-late 30s was ancient. Nowadays some wrestlera dont mkae wwf till then! 

5 hours ago, gmoney said:

He looked slimmer, but he was fucked by then. I think he may have been knackered by the time he got to WCW to be honest. 

I remember he had a couple of good matches with Vader in 94 (maybe because he was forced to,) and then quickly gave up.