Best ring shape

kamicazze

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hogan in his final full WWE run looked ridiculously good for his age.

No way near his best shape though. 85/86, he looked the business. Was in great working shape too. I think that's be far the best Hogan. He started to bloat after which still looked great in pictures but not so much in the ring. Plus he always aged 30 years once the bandana came off. WCW Hogan always looked like a different bloke but was probably necessary given his issues with his knees and hips. If his work was that shit already in WCW, imagine if he'd been carrying another 50lbs of muscle?

2002 Hogan looks more like his previous WWF run, you can see why he got himself jacked again. As long as he stood still in the bandana, he looked great.

Agreed! 

This is my fave Warrior o e:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe7wDnUTWSF-20BuCZvbp

Fucking everything  I want a wrestler to be. A Huge, spectacle that you don't see walking down the street everyday. 

Look at him here, Warrior never looked better.  Massive, ripped, epic tan, that colour scheme. 

Guy just looks the business. This is what I miss in wrestling these days. 

Looks like a living Marvel character. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Agreed! 

Fucking everything  I want a wrestler to be. A Huge, spectacle that you don't see walking down the street everyday. 

Look at him here, Warrior never looked better.  Massive, ripped, epic tan, that colour scheme. 

Guy just looks the business. This is what I miss in wrestling these days. 

Looks like a living Marvel character. 

The recent SCG where they went into 1990 and the Warrior title run in depth is really interesting on the Warrior's look, promos and character. I've always loved it and he was one of my favourites for years. But it's interesting to think about the responsibility of the WWF Champion, to go on all the chat shows and to headline joint shows in Japan. For all Hogan is larger than life, he still just looks like an action man come to life and has the charisma and the character to handle the chat show circuit. Sending the Warrior out there looking like he does and talking jibberish is an interesting thought. Then you've got Japan where Hogan's a huge star and Vince has to either tell them that Warrior is now headlining or put his WWF Champ down the card so that Hulk can main event, which is what he did.

External factors I'd never really considered because I was just a kid who thought Warrior looked cool.

Funnier still is that business wasn't great so they pretty much did a U-turn right away on their decision. But the longer they ran with it and the changes to the Warrior character, by the time they took the belt off him, people were coming round to it and the numbers for SummerSlam and Royal Rumble were great (long before Rumble itself became the draw).

Very interesting Rick. 

Warrior should of been kept off of the media and PR side of TV to preserve the 'mystique'  like Taker was all those years. 

Hogan was and will always be 'wrestling to me' 

He's also the ultimate PR and media schmoozer.

People who've never watched wrestling know who he is and what colours he wears and what he looks like. 

U can see why they kept with him and going back to him. 

Savage was too intense

Warrior too insane

Hogan was a fucking media darling back then. 

On that note the greatest ring shape and look has to be

3d4b9da86da8877e928c94d684648824.jpg

Iconic. Doesn't do it justice! 

• Paid Members

That's definitely the most iconic look but this is the best Hogan. Watched a random match recently and nearly posted in the unpopular thoughts thread but I think he looks better in the white American Made trunks and top than he did in red and yellow. A great colour for a babyface.

Photo 67 of 198, WWF Un-Numbered 8x10 Promo Photos

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That's definitely the most iconic look but this is the best Hogan. Watched a random match recently and nearly posted in the unpopular thoughts thread but I think he looks better in the white American Made trunks and top than he did in red and yellow. A great colour for a babyface.

That's the old style Wwf belt as well isn't it before the (best) winged Eagle one. 

Can someone please tell me how he's only 32/33 here at most? 

Also not sure if it's Hogan 'BS' but didn't he say he looked at old carnie pics and noticed they were always red/yellow so as to attract maximum attention and that's why he choose it. 

I remember reading something years ago and the science and biology and psychology behind it backs it up

Edited by JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Paid Members

Funny thing for me about Hogan was that, because I came to American wrestling comparatively late (we first got cable in 1991/2), seeing his face prior to that period, I'm a little surprised he didn't get the "second Ultimate Warrior" treatment, because he looked so different to how he did when I started watching. The Hogan that faced Sid at WM8 had a long, Basset hound-type face, and the one from the 80s had something about his face that looked round and like it was going to explode.

EDIT: Looking back, obviously he's not that different so as to look like a different person, but there was definitely a lengthening and thinning of the face.

Edited by Carbomb

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Funny thing for me about Hogan was that, because I came to American wrestling comparatively late (we first got cable in 1991/2), seeing his face prior to that period, I'm a little surprised he didn't get the "second Ultimate Warrior" treatment, because he looked so different to how he did when I started watching. The Hogan that faced Sid at WM8 had a long, Basset hound-type face, and the one from the 80s had something about his face that looked round and like it was going to explode.

EDIT: Looking back, obviously he's not that different so as to look like a different person, but there was definitely a lengthening and thinning of the face.

Hi CB

He was coming off the gas and losing the dianabol/test bloat. 

Amazong when you think in 91 he was about 38. 

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

You are 100% spot on here. Facially it was a total transformation for Hogan from his puffy round face to the long stretched look. 

On a similar subject, I watched wrestling from 1991-1994 then 1997-2003. Seeing the Scotty Steiner as Big Poppa Pump in late 97 was mind bending compared the mulleted Scott Steiner I remembered from the early 90s. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Agreed! 

While I didn't like this run, I did like the logo, weirdly enough. It added in a little more iconography. It was good to see him back in the trunks too - the doublet always felt like second-tier Warrior.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Hulk’s still got the 24” pythons, brother. He also has Nora Batty’s left leg.

Always loved the 24" pythons claim considering Ronnie Coleman was 24" at his biggest 97/98. 

• Paid Members
On 6/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, tiger_rick said:

Always thought that simple white trunks and white boots should have been the look adopted by Roman Reigns after The Shield split. With his skin tone, long dark hair, tattoos and dark eyes/blue contacted eyes, he would have had the perfect look I think for setting up his babyface run, as well as separating him from his time in The Shield.