#BlackLivesMatter

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

Look how red Yaxley-Lennon's little face is going there! He needs to be careful not to burst a blood vessel. I imagine he has lots of pent up aggression because he can't bring any court hearings to contempt at the moment. 

Since the obvious comparison is the lack of Hitler statues in Germany yet their ability to understand history; I wonder how things might be different here if we took the lead from German school history lessons and actually teach kids seriously about our attrocities comitted in the past.

I went to a really right on South London school in the '90s, but to be honest everything I can recall being taught about slavery was by reference to America & we certainly didn't get anything about the empire's fucking over anything or anyone.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, courageous said:

I wonder how things might be different here if we took the lead from German school history lessons and actually teach kids seriously about our attrocities comitted in the past.

We absolutely should, rather than brainwashing them into believing what a fantastic, well-behaved super nation we have always been and giving the sense of superiority over everyone else.

Let's see what I remember from history lessons at school regarding our nation: the Napoleonic wars where we defeated the Frenchman trying to take over Europe, the industrial revolution where we were trailblazers, two world wars where we helped save everyone. Yup, that's pretty much it.