#BlackLivesMatter

Michael_3165

2 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

That account isn't saying they're from the weekend?

It's like other accounts where there are images and video of police brutality from long ago is being used as evidence of what's happening now, even though not called out as such. Just because neither happened 'this weekend' it doesn't mean it's wrong that it happened, but it is wrong for people to try to discredit it by adding their own context.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

That account isn't saying they're from the weekend?

It's like other accounts where there are images and video of police brutality from long ago is being used as evidence of what's happening now, even though not called out as such. Just because neither happened 'this weekend' it doesn't mean it's wrong that it happened, but it is wrong for people to try to discredit it by adding their own context.

Putting it up without context at this time makes a clear implication. You can see from the comments people on both sides have interpreted it in that way and when it's pointed out the account has doubled down and got defensive, so now it doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not. It just makes people trust cops less and ironically is more likely to put them in danger during these protests by polarising the public. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Unfortunately, this is social media. Videos, photos and graphics posted maliciously without context or fact and shared time and again by whoever happens to be on their side.

I suspect that for every person who sees it's discredited, there are two who see, believe and share. And even if there aren't, enough see the nonsense to believe it. It's hard to police and from recent comments, appears Facebook certainly have no interest in doing so anyway.

7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fucking hell.

The most telling thing about that video (apart from the fact that he says he stopped him because he is Black) is the automatic deferral to defensiveness. "I'm not a racist", "I stop loads of white people". It's like he knows that he has stopped him because of racism and he is so desperate to appear to be not a racist.

He should've shut the fuck up to be honest.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't believe it. UK police have got the use of force spot on.

Except for that ONE incident involving the Brazilian electrician from Scotland that got shot in the tube for carrying a table leg.

• Moderators

So, don't keep us in suspense.. Did they manage to get through the whole discussion without someone using the word 'uppity'?

Edit, so I can actually add something of value: I don't know who she is but she seems pretty great. I will have to have a look at this book she hawking / check out some other clips.

What a bunch of odious cunts, the lot of them. It took me until way too late in life to really step out of this internalised idea that I should for some reason be grateful to be in this country. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell