#BlackLivesMatter

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't believe it. UK police have got the use of force spot on.

That video shows absolutely nothing.

Why were the Officers called there? Apparently it was serious links to drug distribution and serious violence. Arrests were made

What happened previously in the property?

What was he doing unsighted by the video around a corner? You can hear Officers shouting stay where you are a few times, apparently BWV shows him coming towards them. 

Listen to the language used in literally the first minute.

Pushing the age of 62, can everyone here agree that a 62 year old can pose a threat to anyone? Same as the press pushing use of Taser on children, the fa t the 15 year old in question was 6'4'' and carrying a scaffold pole has nothing to do with it.

"At the top of the stairs" or as it appears two steps up.

"A Weapon used to make an arrest to stop an escape or in self defence" one it's a tool or device, and the use of Taser or any other Force is not JUST for those reason, for example someone self harming, which doesn't fit any of the above criteria. 

"The victim believes he was shot because he was black" victim or subject, he wasn't shot either he was Tasered, you don't shoot a Taser. As for the race thing he was closing Officers down and didn't stop during a raid on a property.

Now bear with me, and this may be jumping into a scene without as much of an understanding as I could have, but not much has been released so far. And you can roll your eyes if you want to and ignore this and say thin blue line will always stick together, but if that video was bad I'd lay into it (like some of the issues I have with the petrol station video) I don't see a problem with it so far and what I'll do is use language other than that of Millard.

Upon entering a property as part of an ongoing operation to make arrests for Drug related crimes and crimes involving serious violence to others I was met by initial resistance who was screaming to occupants elsewhere in the property. Upon clearing two rooms quickly on the ground floor I made my way upstairs. I was stood at the top of a small flight of stairs in a narrow corridor, upon turning a corner I was confronted by an individual who immediately began closing me down. I issued challenges and requests for this individual to stop, due to the nature of enquiry and the intelligence on the property and it's occupants I believed I was at risk from the individual, also as I was cornered and on a flight of stairs I believed this risk was high. The individual continued to close me down so I drew my Taser and engaged the threat with one cartridge knowing this was the least intrusive action to the rights of the individual. The deployment was successful and the threat was neutralised.

Now I'm not saying I'm justifing that Taser use I'm just trying to provide an example and language that could, rather than the loaded ITV piece that is jumping around with glee that it fits a narrative. The reason I'm not justifying it is simple. That video shows us ABSOLUTELY nothing as to why it was used, we have no idea what Millard was doing around that corner, we have no idea if he was slowly walking towards the officers with inviting hands hinting if they'd like a brew, we don't know if his fists were clenched and he was making in an aggressive manner, we don't know if Millard was intending to harm the Officers, we don't know if the Officer goes home to a shrine of his Nazi memorabilia and wanks himself silly to the delights of his Roots boxset.

What I'm not going to do is jump to conclusions that the video shows us a perfect example of systemic racism just because the fella Tasered was a 62 year old black man.

I will jump to conclusions that as part of an ongoing operation arrests were made, so drug distribution that is harmful to the community has been disrupted and that an individual linked to serious violence in the community is off the streets so hopefully that stabbing he'd go on to order 6 months down the line doesn't happen.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

TL:DR

All cops are cunts.

Yeah I need to learn to fit a narrative into the initial 45 seconds of a video so as to get it trending minimum in the UK but hopefully worldwide.

It's more a case of why waste energy reading a contrived defense of a single police officer right now when there's so much brutality and murder happening in real time, just a quick glance at Twitter and there's a stream of new offenses (many longer than those 45 seconds) all the time so sorry that I can't give a toss about one pig maaaaybe not being in the wrong.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's more a case of why waste energy reading a contrived defense of a single police officer right now when there's so much brutality and murder happening in real time, just a quick glance at Twitter and there's a stream of new offenses (many longer than those 45 seconds) all the time so sorry that I can't give a toss about one pig maaaaybe not being in the wrong.

If you'd bothered your arse you'd have seen it wasn't a defence let alone contrived. You see a pig talking about other filth and immediately jump to conclusions.

It's fucking laziness that's really not helping anything, even though you took effort to post about it. My whole point of my post was about NOT jumping to conclusions, you've reaffirmed my point so cheers. Same way as posting a gif of a black man laughing at the idea that Police Use of Force in this country is spot on. Happy to brandish police as racist but not happy to give your reasons why.

Surely the most important thing during these times is discourse, how the fuck is anyone going to learn to change? I'm not one for sweeping this under a carpet to see the same placards written every 5 years or so.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

I don't see a problem with it so far and what I'll do is use language other than that of Millard.

Apologies for such a frivalous comment in a serious discussion, but this post was incredibly confusing for me until I went back and watched the video.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

I mean there's been many reasons given by people here which you've conveniently ignored, you've obviously been picking very select cases to respond to.

So again from days ago, why is there such a disproportionate number of black men stopped under the guise of Covid lockdown searches?

No no no, the police can storm in to your house and taser you for coming to see what all the fuss is. Silly old man should have stayed calm. Ridiculous to defend tasering an unarmed person down some stairs for doing nothing. At least some tax avoiding drug dealers were arrested.

11 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Same way as posting a gif of a black man laughing at the idea that Police Use of Force in this country is spot on. Happy to brandish police as racist but not happy to give your reasons why.

Edit: Was being too emotional.

Edited by SuperBacon
needlessly aggy, cba

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So again from days ago, why is there such a disproportionate number of black men stopped under the guise of Covid lockdown searches?

Must have missed this originally, my answer is simply I don't know. Is it racism? It could be.

Is it that inner city policing has been more ardent at Covid stops, and by that very nature are in and around areas of higher density black population? It could be.

Are those breaking lockdown proportionally more likely to be black men? It could be.

Are more more black men carrying out low end work that has been deemed a key worker position and due to socioeconomic reasons can't afford cars so are walking to work more hence their low paid key worker job, so are exposed to police presence more? It could be.

Again, could it be racist? Yeah, you know what it could be.

Is it wise to make informed decisions on statistics about percentage populations of London being affected? Probably not, as there's more to it.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I didn't need to you fucking cunt, the evidence is literally everywhere.

Where? Seriously, you give me examples of how Police Use of Force in this country is so outrageously off kilter to the point you believe it's fine to call someone a fucking cunt.