#BlackLivesMatter

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Where? Seriously, you give me examples of how Police Use of Force in this country is so outrageously off kilter to the point you believe it's fine to call someone a fucking cunt.

If police stormed into my house and tazered my elderly Grandad down a flight of stairs I'd call them a fucking cunt. 

10 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Where? Seriously, you give me examples of how Police Use of Force in this country is so outrageously off kilter to the point you believe it's fine to call someone a fucking cunt.

Finished my poo now, and you're not worth any more time than that break.

Devon already signposted earlier in the thread to deaths in custody.

You think the police force have got things spot on in this country. Every post you've made in this thread has been defensive with thinly veiled racism including that it's Black people's faults they get stopped and searched because they live in fucking cities and walk to their low paid work.

Edited by SuperBacon
needlessly aggy, cba

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Oh, it's Black people's fault for living in urban areas and having low paid jobs they have to walk to.

You really are a piece of shit, you know that. You're a fucking disgrace and everything wrong with the police in this country.

No it's not black people's fault for living in poor areas, I never said that, unfortunately living in poor areas means you are living in and around crime. This from someone who grew up in The Scotlands part of Wolverhampton. 

It's no one's fault at all for where your standing is in society, I fucking strived to get out of that shit hole part of Wolves, now proportionately in that part of Wolves, white people will be stopped and searched far more than black people, you know why? The black population is in Heath Town and Whitmore Reans. Where they'll get stopped more than whites in that area.

This is the main issue here, the complete disregard by govt of the lower working classes of all races. The criminal underfunding of those areas, and the gentrification forcing more into squalor. And sadly the black population is represented more in those areas.

Proportionally you are more likely to be stabbed if you're black in this country, so is it wrong to police those areas where stabbings are taking place? Of course not, is it a sad biproduct that those areas are highly populated by black people? Of course. Is it systemically racist? probably not, can it be construed that way? obviously, should it be cast aside as not? no. Should discourse happen to explain? Yup.

Does that happen, no because the Police are underfunded and haven't got the resources, hence the reliance on Stop and Search, is it the answer to solve knife crime? No fucking way, we need better community engagement, we need to encourage people from those areas to join the police and help, but as a unit we are fucked folks, and the places within this country are lost to crime, and I don't see them recovering. Stop and Search can stop knife crime, it doesn't solve it, but it's all we have.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Is it systemically racist? probably not

Are you talking about the police there or the socio-economic elements that mean that high-crime, low-pay urban areas are likely to be less white?

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You think the police force have got things spot on in this country.

I think ACAB and you're a fucking pig, so leave it there shall we?

What he said was that the police's use of force approach is spot on, not police in general. I think that's an important distinction to make.

And yes, if you have zero interest in having a discussion on the topic and just want to post ad hom personal insults then it's probably better you do stop posting for a bit.

13 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

is it a sad biproduct that those areas are highly populated by black people? Of course. Is it systemically racist? probably not, can it be construed that way? obviously, should it be cast aside as not? no. Should discourse happen to explain? Yup.

This is confusing. You pretty much post the definition of systemic racism and then say it's not that.

You need to do yourself a favour and don't try to speak from your experience. Talking about your poor upbringing and how hard you fought to get it of the area reeks of ignorance to your white privilege and blaming black people for their standing in society.

I did Irish history at school. The only bit I remember is an Irish geography teacher taking over the class for a lesson. He apologised for forgetting to bring in his IRA calander and then taught us how to make petrol bombs.  

32 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What he said was that the police's use of force approach is spot on, not police in general. I think that's an important distinction to make.

And yes, if you have zero interest in having a discussion on the topic and just want to post ad hom personal insults then it's probably better you do stop posting for a bit.

Misquote on my behalf, I meant  use of force but agreed, as I was getting wound up and I'm trying to motivate a 7 year old to do literacy.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Moderators

I keep revisiting your post @Teedy Kay . I hope that you aren't actually a bad person, but the only conclusion I can come to then is that you're totally ignorant to the huge role you play in propping up a systemically racist status quo. Your language is really deliberately passive, and you talk about the police relationship with black communities as an unfortunate one for causal reasons totally beyond the control of the police.

You are completely conflating race and class issues as all one thing, which they are not. What you're arguing when you do this is that anyone who believes in racially motivated bias (either conscious or unconscious) is objectively wrong. It is dismissive and offensive to do so, in the same way as saying 'all lives matter' is.

You really need to read the room better in your plays for sympathy both personally and professionally.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fucking hell.

I shared this on FB. I was told by a policeman I was damaging race relations by sharing it because they are doing a lot of work behind the scenes. My point was surely rather then hide things like this, they should be called out for it. But no, apparently by sharing things that highlight racism in the police force, it makes the Tommy Robinson fans get riled up.