Money in the Bank

Your Fight Site

I’d read about Daniel and AJ “cleaning up” Vince’s office and heard that some folks didn’t like it, but I was pretty disappointed to see that that was all it was. The way some were going on you’d think AJ was pushing the hoover around and Daniel has his marigolds on, Vince shouting “godammit! Use the Cillit Bang!”

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’d read about Daniel and AJ “cleaning up” Vince’s office and heard that some folks didn’t like it, but I was pretty disappointed to see that that was all it was. The way some were going on you’d think AJ was pushing the hoover around and Daniel has his marigolds on, Vince shouting “godammit! Use the Cillit Bang!”

To be fair, the only acceptable interaction would’ve been to stick their fingers up at him and tell him PG sux and they’re never going to play catch with him, then play their stereo loud while he’s trying to watch Sky Sports News. Anything other than that just exposes them as the bootlicker GEEKS (copyright Bryan Alvarez) that they are.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

To be fair, the only acceptable interaction would’ve been to stick their fingers up at him and tell him PG sux and they’re never going to play catch with him, then play their stereo loud while he’s trying to watch Sky Sports News. Anything other than that just exposes them as the bootlicker GEEKS (copyright Bryan Alvarez) that they are.

You're absolutely right. You'd know all about being a Vince bootlicker, to be fair!

Odd show. 

Neither of the men's title matches made much sense to me. Why did Braun randomly put on his old mask at the end of the match? Would have made far more sense as a tease at the start. 

Why the hell did Drew and Seth tag hands at the start of their match? That made no sense. Then they launch into the Rollins' attempt at a good match. Rollins does his usual "get me shit in like" bollocks. Then Drew is impressed with him and shakes his hand. Which, maybe would have meant something but they tagged hands respectfully at the start so it doesn't. I really think Rollins might be one of the most overrated wrestlers around. He's the embodiment of everything that doesn't work with taking wrestling you like but not understanding the context. 

I sometimes wish the 'E would ban certain moves for a week. "Right, none of you fuckers are doing planchas this week, get on with it." 

The MITB was fun enough. Started crap, ended crap, but the middle was fun in a "this is what it's like in Vince's head" kinda way. Anybody who had a problem with the Styles and Bryan bit can get tossed off a roof though. Bryan's whole appeal is that he's a bit of a geek, and who gives a shit about AJ? Not like they're damaging stars on the rise. 

Anyone who doesn't get why Styles would react like that to a poster of The Undertaker after being buried alive by the fucker doesn't even have the minuscule amount of emotional intelligence or suspension of disbelief needed for wrestling. Which is fucking terrifying. 

• Paid Members

Bryans first few years in the company were about proving to Cole and Miz (and by proxy, the higher-ups) that he isn't a 'geek' and should be taken seriously.

His biggest push came from him rebelling against The Authority and not being the B+ player they claimed he was.

Still, off a roof I go. Luckily theres a lower section of roof to catch me so I'll be sound.

4 hours ago, Vamp said:

Bryan's whole appeal is that he's a bit of a geek, and who gives a shit about AJ? Not like they're damaging stars on the rise. 

But they literally had a character already in the match who would have suited the spot far better. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Vamp said:

Why did Braun randomly put on his old mask at the end of the match? Would have made far more sense as a tease at the start.

He used the mask to trick Bray into letting his guard down, at which point he could hit him with his finisher and win. Why would it make more sense to do that at the start, when he was fresh, rather than at the end, when he'd be more worn down and more susceptible to both the trick and staying down for the three count off the finisher? The whole thing is shit, but you've picked the worst criticism possible. Off the roof, mate.