Money in the Bank

Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

I watched this on Zoom with a couple of mates. Thought the Bray v Strowman was match of the night. The rest of the card was weird. I’m already bored of Otis being the Kool Aid Man every 30 seconds. The MITB highlight was definitely Steph being filmed on an IPhone 7 and being inserted in and Vince’s office. Otherwise, the show was a dud. And that 2 hours 23 minutes felt as long as a regular Wrestlemania.

Oh and we found our new favourite Ref. Who looks like debut Dave Batista who has shrunk in the wash. Babetista 

E120F18F-F2BF-4AE1-9905-A3B6332BBDDE.png

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I'm a huge fan of any form of foreshadowing and AJ saying "you are the luckiest guy in the world" when Otis came into the gym for him to then fumble the briefcase right into his arms for the finish was brilliant IMO.

The MITB matches were probably a bit too goofy for my tastes rather than the complete chaos I was hoping for but at least they tried something different. Was nice for Otis to get the moment as he's been one of the highlights of Smackdown over the past few months but do expect him to lose the briefcase in some fashion. 

Pleasantly surprised by the length of the show again too.  

16 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Yeah, whilst I do know who he is, he's surely the new low benchmark on draw from a hat, everyone gets a go WWE. Not that it matters when you've only got your core audience left. Still, call me old fashioned but it should be booked like you're at least trying to be hot. I bet Mabel winning King of the Ring was still a go at that. This is just writers who've been in the universe too much amusing themselves. It's like latter day Simpsons. 

Again, not like it matters. Fun enough show. 

I would usually agree, but given the circumstances of how the match was set out, if your going to have someone like Otis win it then this is probably the best time. 

Also takes away the whole 'It's predictable, no one else wins MITB or the Rumble' argument, nice to see something a little refreshing.

8 hours ago, Sym said:

I took the Corbin mirror stare as he is now going to get 7 years of bad luck and he was worried about it?

That's how I perceived it, Corbin will probably blame his loss on his bad luck breaking the mirror, if they do another KOTR and he loses that he could blame the mirror, as daft as it sounds it gives him something to go along with. 

9 hours ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

Did Corbin launch Mysterio and Black off the roof, or did I completely dream that?

I thought they went over an area of the building they wouldn't have been able to get back to the ring from. 

53 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I'm a huge fan of any form of foreshadowing and AJ saying "you are the luckiest guy in the world" when Otis came into the gym for him to then fumble the briefcase right into his arms for the finish was brilliant IMO.

I thought this was a nice touch.

I have really enjoyed AJ's character in the Mania match and this one, I prefer this cocky AJ and think its the best AJ we have seen since his 'This Champ Runs The Camp' run. 

• Paid Members

They seemed to rush the end of the show. Almost as if they were running out of ppv time. The final freeze frame shot of the two MITB champs looked amateurish. That's based on a flagging me watching live. 

Overall I enjoyed the MITB match. They definitely played it for laughs rather than seriousness. The section where they worked the semi wrestling ring set up in that lobby/corridor was a lot of fun. Largely due to the actual ring ropes and cage mesh aesthetic. That's a must have setup for not only WWE headquarters but also any WWF/WWE man cave/kids room. 

I expected the roof segment to be more like the old RAW opening that was also filmed on this roof. The actual roof portion of the match was probably the weakest part. It seemed to be very tacked on and unpolished. Very unlike WWE. The lack of reaction didn't help. This type of match needs tension and anticipation build. That was missing. 

Things noticed on the rewatch

Stephs dog collar. i always thought it was her that kept Trips on a leash

Rey getting choked out by Basler should happen more often.

Who used to be over? i dont remember that phrase

Nia cant bench 

• Paid Members

They can't do funny. They've barely written anything amusing in the last decade. Cheesy, cringeworthy, braindead? They're good at that. But almost all funny stuff is a botch, a guy delivering something dreadful really well or, as Supremo wrote yesterday, them putting together something super campy that they actually think is brilliant.

I don't quite know when it happened but the "funniest moment" in the forum awards got harder and harder over the years.

It's not even like you have to watch that match. You just need someone with taste sat around the table. When someone suggested Brother Love coming out of a toilet, Dana thinking the case in the conference room was the real one, Stpehanie appearing on video, Dana slipping on water, Otis breaking the ladder again (yet being able to climb it once he'd won), someone should be piping up to let them know it's just not fucking funny.

Bryan and AJ fighting into Vince's office would have been funny if they'd not behaved like children and Vince had done his mad reaction once they'd fought back out. There's loads of fun they could have had with it. It's just all so lame. I still think that's a massive shame because there is so much variety, charisma and personality in their acts when they are themselves. And so little when they're "performing".

I wouldn't mind the MITB match being in WWE HQ every year to be honest. I wouldn't even mind RAW/Smackdown being on the roof until lockdown is over. Thought it looked quite cool in its own way, better than the performance centre. 

The entrances in the MITB match looked like a cross between something from a fighting computer game & those Indian wrestling matches that I've seen on here, really bizarre but was funny in a its so stupid kind of way.

Also just remembered that Asuka was in the lift for a good 5-10 minutes, thought that was daft. I actually thought she was going to go right to the top and win it straight away.

Edited by Briefcase