Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Surprised it took this long for the shitshow that is my football group to come to this point

IMG-20200403-011551.jpg

The issues around it make it hard to judge. Should for example Harry Kane On 200k a week continue to get that as spurs dump 550 staff over to furloughed. 

That said Kanes tax bill alone will be massive. 

Naming and shaming is a bit far mind 

Nah, whenever I hear of impending lay offs and cutbacks in work whilst top brass are getting huge bonus' and pay offs I always think it's a travesty. It's no different here. Give the needy more/their standard rate give the rich less.

Naming and shaming is for cunts though.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

The footballer thing is stupid because it's always the players who get the abuse. They don't ask to be the commodity, they just are. It's not up to them individually to give up their wages (though the good they do generally goes un-reported anyway because that's not the narrative). The clubs are fair game. They are massive businesses with huge wage discrepancy and some are behaving appallingly. They should be working to defer/cut the massive wages to keep paying those down the totem pole. Leeds are a great example, as are the big clubs in Germany. Huddersfield's directors are going without pay. Brighton's management have taken pay cuts. The top clubs who are furloughing staff should be the target, not the players.

Before players take cuts, they should be assured that it's going to be used to pay the rest of the staff, not just to save a billionaire a few quid.

• Paid Members

Well said Rick. I hate the 'overpaid, primadonna' tag associated with footballers and it's annoying me even more at the moment.

People either forget or don't realise the following: many or most footballers come from working class backgrounds, so many footballers are philanthropists that are constantly donating to charity and doing great things for the community, they contribute a fuckload via tax, it's not their fault that there is so much money ploughed into football (and their high salaries are a consequence of that- I'd rather they get the money than club executives getting even more).

If you want to go after someone, go after the greedy business executive cunts in this county that avoid tax instead and only think about how they can stay within the 1% at all costs. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I agree with this. 

People aree already letting fireworks off here. It started on the first one and looks like the same poeple will keep doing it as long as we all have a "clap" night.

I assume that is what the fireworks are for anyway. the local drug dealers use fireworks to let their customers know they have taken a new supply so they can start to make their way to them. So it may just be a coincidence that the pricks are "opening their doors" just as we all do the clap thing!

3 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

the local drug dealers use fireworks to let their customers know they have taken a new supply so they can start to make their way to them.

That actually happens? Don't most dealers drop off? I was thinking there could be confusion over which dealer has stuff in unless it's just one person.

8 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

That actually happens? Don't most dealers drop off? I was thinking there could be confusion over which dealer has stuff in unless it's just one person.

It happens near me. It's like a small bomb going off, rather that fireworks. I am guessing that it sparks the local druggy industry & benefits the main dealer or dealers in the area?

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I don't know the in's and out's of it. You normally get about 3 or 4 per month, and each sounds like it comes from different parts of tows so either it;s the same dealers moving around to throw off the rozzers, or each delaer set's their own off as and when...