AEW general complaints thread

Chris B

• Paid Members

Sick of Jimmy Havoc? Think AEW sound stupid for ever mentioning 'more sports-based presentation'? Or that they're bullshitting if they say something is 'fun' or to 'be patient'?

You're probably not alone! Apparently, Tony Khan said something about NJPW and some people care about this, apparently. Unfortunately, some other people seem to see this as a weird derailing of conversations.

So, here's a place to talk about the shit general stuff that AEW clearly does, so it's all in one place and not getting lost in other conversation. 

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

All the fucking wankers that populate the front few rows that stand up all the time.

Ban them for life.

I saw someone mention that as I started watching Revolution and it meant I kept being annoyed with it. Is it something particularly happening in AEW, or is it something to do with how they're shooting it that makes it so noticeable? Or is it just one of those things that's impossible not to see once you start noticing it?

I'm not an avid viewer week in week out, so can't say that it's happened every week, but during this weeks Dynamite (Pac/Omega one) it was ridiculous.

I don't think it's to do with the way it's shot, and just that they're incredibly entitled people who think they can stand for the whole show. I would actually be fuming if I was, say, 4 rows back. It put me off the whole show, which was a shame as it was great. I just kept thinking "You bunch of arseholes".

• Paid Members

During Revolution, I mainly noticed it opposite the hard cam, but that's where they did most stuff that wasn't in-ring. They also seem to have a fairly specific ''talent' spot, which means there's a more concentrated area where stuff is happening. So that's why I'm wondering if it's a presentation thing. 

Will keep an eye next time though, as I'm finding this interesting. 

• Paid Members

The constant rotating of commentators. Halfway through the episode Tony will leave or JR will leave and be replaced by Tazz or something.

Also I saw Brock Lesnar guy in the crowd at Revolution.

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Bryce Remsburg.

Ever since O'Rourke brought it up on his podcast I can't take my eyes off him during matches - specifically when he puts his hands on his head after a big move or when he jumps in to make a count.

Don't know if it was just me but I swear you see him doing a furious windmill with his right arm when signalling for the bell at the end of the Orange Cassidy match

I can’t decide whose worst between Remsburg or Aubrey Edwards. Drake Wurtz on NXT is the best ref in the business because you barely notice him unless he’s needed for a plot point  during the match, he’s not there trying to make it all about him and his “reactionz~!”

As far as the fans go, that’s not exclusively an AEW thing, that’s just how some fans are you get them at everything, but at the same time let’s not pretend that it’s a new phenomena. That “we’re part of the show” mentality has been going on since ECW, maybe even before

Edited by WyattSheepMask