AEW general complaints thread

Chris B

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Some of the theme music is a bit shite and unmemorable. What's Jim Johnston up to these days? Hire him up. Also I don't know if it's the audio mix or how it sounds in the stadium but the music seems a bit quieter and lacks the "oomph" that music in WWE has. 

I’d go as far as to say that almost all of it is shite and forgettable. The only exceptions for me would be Jericho, MJF, Hangman Page and Cody. 

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I don’t like it either, but it’s memorable. Same with Cody’s. 

Maybe but given his character as a rich kid it also doesn't fit him. Maybe I'm thinking too much.

I love Yuka's theme, it's stupid but fits her perfectly.

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Maybe but given his character as a rich kid it also doesn't fit him. Maybe I'm thinking too much.

I’m not sure what it is, but there’s something fantastically wanky about it so it works for me in that sense. It also works for me in that when it plays you know who it belongs to pretty much immediately. Most AEW theme songs don’t do that (for me at least) and it kills your chance of having an immediate emotional response to whoever is coming out. 

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

WCW and TNA's music always felt the same. A bit murkey, quiet and shit. ECW's always sounded loud and kickass so I'm guessing it's a production issue rather than what it sounds like in the arena.

One thing I've noticed with the WWE themes is that they produce them with almost NO reverb on at all.  This means when they get pumped out into a big arena, they get the reverb of that space but it's not muddied by production reverb that's already on the track.  It also means the tracks sound really different when you listen to them at home.

I dunno if TNA/AEW do the same thing.  If they're using commercial library music for quite a lot of the themes, almost certainly it's not the case.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

One thing I've noticed with the WWE themes is that they produce them with almost NO reverb on at all.  This means when they get pumped out into a big arena, they get the reverb of that space but it's not muddied by production reverb that's already on the track.  It also means the tracks sound really different when you listen to them at home.

I dunno if TNA/AEW do the same thing.  If they're using commercial library music for quite a lot of the themes, almost certainly it's not the case.

It is quite strange to hear them back as a studio track with everything so dry. I feel like they should add reverb to the released tracks so as not to disconcert the general population so much. And also since they're designed to play in arenas, that's how they're meant to sound (probably). 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, Cod Eye said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but absolutley hate it when the corwd sing along to Jericho's enterance theme

Yup. Me too. Sickening.

Stars & Stripes intro (if that's what it was). Skipped it, but would've hated it anyway. Guessed it would be followed by chants of USA-USA.

Not a fan of live acts performing entrance music either. I thought Cody's entrance was spoiled by it & Jericho's wasn't exactly enhanced (matter of opinion, I guess). Worse still, it stank of WWE.

I'm my own man, I'm not swayed by other people's opinions.

I think AEW is a bit outlaw mud show. I think Kenny Olivier should be boiled in oil and The Young Fucks balls are so small that if you took them and rolled them in a drinking straw it would look like four kernels of corn rolling into a storm drain. 

Thank you FU goodbye.

Edited by IronSheik