AEW general complaints thread

Chris B

Just now, BigDaddyB said:

Excalibur's over the top scream of " topé suicida" every time it's performed.

Swap out Excalibur for "almost all commentators nowadays" and "topé suicida" with any combination of "topé....something" and you're absolutely right. 

Especially when it's done 5 times in the first couple of matches, or repeatedly on weekly TV. It has lost all impact. 

Whilst on the subject of dives...Heels doing dives. Stop it. 

5 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Whilst on the subject of dives...Heels doing dives. Stop it. 

Depends how it's done. If it's done in a smarmy show-off 'I'm better than you' way then it can work really well. PAC is a good example of having a high flying moveset without it appearing too pandering to a crowd.

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Depends how it's done. If it's done in a smarmy show-off 'I'm better than you' way then it can work really well. PAC is a good example of having a high flying moveset without it appearing too pandering to a crowd.

I'll agree with that. And you're right, PAC is a great example. But to counter...Ortiz and Santana, doing it for lolz? It's just unnecessary. The Undertaker said "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I'll agree with that. And you're right, PAC is a great example. But to counter...Ortiz and Santana, doing it for lolz? It's just unnecessary. The Undertaker said "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Maybe he should have listened to his own advice

47 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Interesting. Their social media still seems to be absolutely dead.

they have an Sports section on the Hub, They hardly show any sport, so it's probably something to do with that.

• Paid Members

PAC is great at it because of his pacing. 

General rule is that a babyface should increase the pace of the match, a heel should slow it down. Dives and top rope moves tend to be big flashy moves that up the pace, but they don't need to be. PAC makes his top rope stuff effective as a heel move by taking his sweet time before hitting it, and because he's good enough to make it look like all of his dives have real intent behind them.

• Paid Members

This may be an unpopular opinion, but absolutley hate it when the corwd sing along to Jericho's enterance theme. The bloke is a cowerdly, dispicable heel who has surrounded himself with other heels, and yet still you get what feels like the entire crowd singing along. It really winds me up.

Oh, and Justin Roberts pronounciation of "John"....

Edited by Cod Eye

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

Bryce Remsburg.

Ever since O'Rourke brought it up on his podcast I can't take my eyes off him during matches - specifically when he puts his hands on his head after a big move or when he jumps in to make a count.

Agree with this. I try not to let it bother me but it really distracts me when he's basically doing this to every big move:

HarmfulPessimisticGoldenretriever-size_r

Edited by SiWri

I can’t stand Justin Roberts. He was absolute shite in WWE and he’s just as bad now. He doesn’t have a good announcing voice, he just over emphasises certain words to make them sound important, but it doesn’t work.

John isn’t pronounced “Jee-ahn”. 

Edited by Slapnut

1 minute ago, Slapnut said:

I can’t stand Justin Roberts. He was absolute shite in WWE and he’s just as bad now. He doesn’t have a good announcing, he just over emphasises certain words to make them sound important, but it doesn’t work.

John isn’t pronounced “Jee-ahn”. 

Agree with this, his book made him come across as very unlikeable as well.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

7 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

For what it’s worth, AEW’s been on the ITV Hub homepage the last few Saturday mornings, which it never has been before. I can’t be certain but I don’t think that’s because Dynamite is the only thing I watch on there.

@WyattSheepMask is correct that Wuertz is one of the best refs around. The way he protected Alexander Wolfe at Worlds Collide last month didn’t get enough praise, he was excellent.

ITV Hub main page changes dependant on your viewing habits so while Dynamite might be on the main page for you, it isn't for someone who only watches Love Island. 

• Paid Members

Some of the theme music is a bit shite and unmemorable. What's Jim Johnston up to these days? Hire him up. Also I don't know if it's the audio mix or how it sounds in the stadium but the music seems a bit quieter and lacks the "oomph" that music in WWE has. 

• Paid Members
Just now, LaGoosh said:

Some of the theme music is a bit shite and unmemorable. What's Jim Johnston up to these days? Hire him up. Also I don't know if it's the audio mix or how it sounds in the stadium but the music seems a bit quieter and lacks the "oomph" that music in WWE has. 

It's easy to forget how basically fucking good WWE are at production of live events. Didn't they have a video a little while ago that suggested that they consult/hire out staff for other massive-scale events? 

That's not just in terms of the music itself, but around all elements of the production itself.