The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

31 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Finally...Nero are working on a third album! 

I can't wait for this. I bloody love Welcome Reality and Between II Worlds still gets better every time I listen to it. 

As much as I enjoyed some of Welcome Reality, it's mastered so fucking loud that I find in unbearable to listen to. They absolutely slammed it into oblivion.

Although I'll always remember 'This Way' as one of my introductions to dubstep back in 2006/7. It was a staple in our Friday night pre-drinking playlist back in the day. Absolute anvil of a tune.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of bit released recently that I've been enjoying as well as Koreless' new one:

Anna Meredith has followed up her brilliant soundtrack for Eighth Grade and her record Fibs with Bumps Per Minute which is basically a soundtrack for dodgems. 

"For Bumps Per Minute, Meredith has collaborated with BAFTA-winning sound artist Nick Ryan to design a bespoke tracking technology so that every thump, bump and swerve of the 18 dodgems around the track can trigger a separate composition. This results in a kind of ultimate shuffle where high octane music and ideas compete for airtime and each performance is unique. The installation will occur approximately every hour at DODGE through the day/evening."

There's some really cool stuff on there. I'd love to go check it out.

The Bug is back with his new record Fire, on Ninja Tune. It's some proper post-apocalyptic, dubbed out soundscapes. Hearing it on a proper sound system in a club would no doubt be enough to give you the fear.

Some more shouting into the void...

Egyptian producer, Zuli, had an EP out back in March that I only just got round to listening to. Mary Anne Hobbs played this track on her 6Music show yesterday morning, I listened to the 6-track EP on my way home from work, then bought the vinyl when I got home. An absolute mega slice of breakbeat and jungle with a bit of footwork and industrial thrown in at times. If you like early-00's Planet Mu/Squarepusher/huge sounding Amen breaks then get your gunfingers at the ready!

With guys like him and Pete Cannon, jungle is far from dead.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Soulwax have done this near 20 minute celebration of Blue Monday by New Order by taking elements from multiple versions and snippets from interviews. It was on 6Music last week as part of their Desert Island Disco all-dayer, but it's pretty special. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Soulwax have done this near 20 minute celebration of Blue Monday by New Order by taking elements from multiple versions and snippets from interviews. It was on 6Music last week as part of their Desert Island Disco all-dayer, but it's pretty special. 

z9Em94O16kgx.gif

• Paid Members

This is so good. Did anyone hear the remix of You Make Me Feel Mighty Real by Sylvester they did last year? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I wish I'd seen this article yesterday. Daft Punk have put out a 25th anniversary edition of Homework with more than a few exclusive remixes included, and they also live streamed a video of a live performance from 1997 on Twitch yesterday afternoon. Some of those remixes could be interesting. One of them is by Motorbass. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/daft-punk-release-25th-anniversary-edition-of-debut-album-3167260

• Paid Members

Just spotted that Pansoul by Motorbass (the late Philippe Zdar & Etienne de Crecy) has found its way onto Spotify. It went in there last year, presumably for the 25th anniversary. 

@Devon MalcolmI remember taking some friends to see Royksopp on the Friday night of Glastonbury 2007. They had an lcd board up that showed the titles of the songs throughout the set. It was really good, but my friends were just there to kill some time before Fatboy Slim and didn't really get it. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Like you @jazzygeofferz, after the Homework 25th anniversary announcement yesterday I did a bit of browsing on Spotify and noticed Together (by Together) has finally found it's way there, courtesy of this compilation:

Speaking of Royksopp tracks, I completely forgot this existed until I heard it on BBC Radio 1 Dance a few months back. Stuart Price at his brilliant best on the remix.