The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Ed Banger have taken on the "big names" over stuff before as well. It's the reason Breakbot has a songwriting credit on Treasure by Bruno Mars. 

Interesting, I never knew that. Which track did Bruno ponce from? Fantasy? Treasure definitely has a Breakbot feel to it, just as Locked Out Of Heaven largely sounds like a song by The Police.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Interesting, I never knew that. Which track did Bruno ponce from? Fantasy? Treasure definitely has a Breakbot feel to it, just as Locked Out Of Heaven largely sounds like a song by The Police.

Here you go: https://www.whosampled.com/Bruno-Mars/Treasure/

If in doubt check this site. (16yo SuperBacon is disgusted with himself)

• Paid Members

Sampled is a bit generous. 

@PunkStepLocked Out Of Heaven has a serious Police vibe to it. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

There have been some cracking Age of Love remixes. One of my favourites is the Marcel Woods one:

Jam & Spoon's is still the best for me and reminds me of John Simm getting his end away

Also, I've heard a lot of good things about Charlotte de Witte. Any other recommendations?

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
On 4/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, PunkStep said:

Also, I've heard a lot of good things about Charlotte de Witte. Any other recommendations?

That Marcel Woods one should have been used at the end of Human Traffic instead of Come Together, with the whole reflective, retrospective voiceover. I adore the Marcel Woods version too.

Even thought it's 'old hat', hearing Age of Love on a dancefloor at around 2am, even now, sends the poor jaw over to the Isle of Man and leaves me willy looking an oversized clitoris. It's a fantastic, fantastic piece.

I saw de Witte (with Sunil Sharp in support) in 2019 in Dublin. She was Digweed level incredible, that night. But yeah, this is a really good set.
I'd give her "Visions" and "The Healer" EPs a listen. Can get quite dark and Acid Techno at points, but I love that carry on...

If you could indulge me and give me oul mate Nancy a whirl. She is easily my favourite female techno artist on the planet right now, Brewster. Everything she does is live, and if you get a chance to see her, go:

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Moderators

I'm not in this thread much so apologies if this has already been posted - I did do a quick check - 

This shows the sample breakdown from a few Daft Punk tracks; I really like the way they've done the visualisation. A fun watch.

(there's more on the website here, but not all electronic music - https://www.tracklib.com/blog/sample-breakdowns )

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Clubbing returned last night! There was a social distancing-free pilot in Liverpool last night with 3,000 clubbers. Sets from The Blessed Madonna and Jayda G amongst others. 

Man, I hope Blessed Madonna dropped this. How poetic and I bet the place would've erupted and embraced like mad. I love this so much. 

• Paid Members

Deewee records put out Foundations today, which is a compilation of highlights from the first 6 (I think) years of releases since their inception. It might as well be a new Soulwax album, as the Dewaele brothers have a hand in everything that comes from the label be it writing, performing, production or all three (a few Soulwax tracks are on there). It is their label, after all. It's pretty interesting. Has that pseudo Krautrock synth based sound they've been working at for the last few albums.

@PunkStepGaspard's single is great. Reminds me of Audio Video Disco, and from the look of the album cover it'll be a really good companion piece to that album when it comes out next month. I'm interested to see whether Gaspard tours to promote the album himself, or whether Justice will work it into their next live set.

I think Myd has an album on the way as well. He's put some decent tracks out. That'll be one to look out for. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Gaspard's new single, Hey!, is out today. It sounds like something from Audio Video Disco, but using the instrumentation from Woman. There's a nice breakdown in the middle. There are some big disco vibes from it as well because of the strings. It's maybe not as good as Force Majeure at the moment, but in the rest of the album it might sound better. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz