The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

• Paid Members

It does sound really interesting. 

I didn't realise, but Soulwax and/or Deewee have signed a distribution deal with Because Music, who also deal with Ed Banger recordings amongst others in the UK. It certainly explains why so much Deewee stuff has been turning up on streaming services recently, and the release of Foundations last week. 

• Paid Members

I've been listening to Lindstrøm today, after I had one of his songs recommended to me by Spotify yesterday. It's interesting stuff. 

• Paid Members

Lindstrøm is excellent, Closing Shot and Algorytme are my two favourites. There's a real late 2000s/early 2010s Pryda feel to them. 

Edit: and I Feel Space! That was the first of theirs I'd heard years ago.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I was playing a mobile game that had some snippets of classical music as the soundtrack. One of them is a bit from Mars, The Bringer Of War from off of out of Holst's Planets Suite, and it got me in the mood for a listen because it's probably my favourite piece of classical music. Anyway, I digress because I took a look on Spotify and the Isao Tomita synth version is on there. Tomita originally got some push back from Holst's daughter over his version because she didn't like the idea of an electronic version, but it's a really good arrangement and she presumably came around at some point. 

He's also done a synth version of Also Sprache Zarathustra and The Great Gate Of Kiev to keep things vaguely wrestling related. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
You say Tomito and I say Tomita.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Gaspard's back with his latest preview/teaser from the album. The cover of the album reminds me of Audio Video Disco, but also those old 70s prog rock albums, which is likely where a lot of the infuence comes from.

• Paid Members

Interview with Gaspard about the forthcoming album in a Mexican magazine. Mentions a collaboration with Grimes, and a new Justice album and tour next year, assuming the world is back to normal by then. 

https://www.indierocks.mx/musica/entrevistas/entrevista-con-gaspard-auge/

• Paid Members

Force Majeure by Gaspard is the theme to the BBC's Euro 2020 coverage this year. He's doing so well.

• Paid Members

Gaspard's latest offering is called Captain. Very Audio Video Disco feel to it. Escapades is out next Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Koreless' debut record is out after what seems like about a decade on scene. It's absolutely stunning as well. It's pretty much no drums on the entire thing but its chock full of very percussive synths which hold rhythm as well as some absolutely mind melting instrument sample manipulation. 

Definitely one if you like the more experimental side of Aphex Twin, the weird sample manipulation of Amon Tobin or people like Forest Swords.