The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

New Burial!!!! Garage/happy hardcore vibes on that first track.

https://burial.bandcamp.com/album/chemz-dolphinz

It’s absolutely mega. The best thing he’s done since the Rival Dealer EP I’d say. I just wish he’d do another album. It’s been nearly 14 years since Untrue which, if pushed, I’d place as my favourite record ever. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been following Filmmaker for a couple of years, a Columbian electronic artist that's put out so so much it's hard to keep up and they're forever playing with different electronic genres but their most recent is a straight up Industrial Techno banger. Could easily be in my albums of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Still the best act I've ever seen live.

I cried when I found out. Best gig I ever went to though. 

• Paid Members

I've been thinking back to it, and it was a great day. It'd been baking hot, my mate and I had seen Simian Mobile Disco, CSS & LCD Soundsystem, then stood in this heat for an hour while they assembled the pyramid, then when they did start it began to rain. It wasn't hard, but a refreshing drizzle like some deity had seen us all getting a little hot and tired and sent it to cool us down and live us up a little bit. It also feels like there was only me there because of how spread out everybody was in the huge field/garden they'd staged everything in. I was pretty close to the front, but everybody was spread out. It's almost like a dream. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've been thinking back to it, and it was a great day. It'd been baking hot, my mate and I had seen Simian Mobile Disco, CSS & LCD Soundsystem, then stood in this heat for an hour while they assembled the pyramid, then when they did start it began to rain. It wasn't hard, but a refreshing drizzle like some deity had seen us all getting a little hot and tired and sent it to cool us down and live us up a little bit. It also feels like there was only me there because of how spread out everybody was in the huge field/garden they'd staged everything in. I was pretty close to the front, but everybody was spread out. It's almost like a dream. 

This must've been the same one I went to, Wireless 2007? I actually won the tickets from I think either NME or Q Magazine the week before when some guy rang a very hungover me whilst I was at Download. I told him to call back later and miraculously he did. The other day offered was Queens Of The Stone Age but I was only ever going to pick Daft Punk.

Can't remember a massive amount about it apart from spending a LOT of time at the Bollocks To Poverty (member that???) tent which was giving out free shots, seeing Digitalism, it raining a shit load, freaking out when Daft Punk came on and then trying to get home. Lovely day. Sorry @PunkStep

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Paid Members

It was Wireless. My mate got me the ticket for my birthday, his dad drove us over in his convertible. I made a Daft Punk primer CD for him to introduce him to them on our way over. I took about £40 for food and drinks. We had some cocktails from one of their slushy machines, and I used my last £25 on a set of Crescendolls action figures instead of food, but my mate let me have a slice of his pizza. I'd been hyped about it for months. The weekend after there were rumours abound at Glastonbury that they were going to turn up and do an unannounced set there, but they were in Turkey that weekend. I still kind of secretly hoped that I'd be getting to see them again. Seeing the Chemical Brothers in 2019 came close, as did seeing Justice in 2013, but man, what a day that was. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz