The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Darkwave to Dungeon Synth to Breakbeat Hardcore to Power Electronics

That's the most Merzbow line ever posted. 

Here's a cracking mix from Nero which is an electronic music journey from the 70s through to the 2010s. Some excellent tracks in here. From Kraftwerk to Human League to Leftfield to Jamie xx.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Just discovered this little gem. SebastiAn's remixes are pretty special, and this is a nice Beasties remix. 

• Paid Members

Listened to SebastiAn's latest today. It's got that kind of American "EDM" pop sound to it, but with some of the little noises and breaks that he likes to use. This is my favourite track from it:

That's Sparks, in case you couldn't quite place the voice.

Going to check out some SOPHIE now. Sounds interesting.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I will watch the film at some point, I'm just not in the mood for it just yet but Spotify just put this Uncut Gems track in my ears and it's triffic. 

Oneohtrix Point Never who scored the movie is brilliant. I’m a big fan of his release ‘Zones Without People’. 

His album ‘Garden of Delete’ is great too. 

• Paid Members

Bit of an odd one (I don't think anyone has mentioned it as yet, apologies if I have missed it) but Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit fame released an incredible electronic, mostly instrumental album a few years ago called Crystal Machete. Don't be put off by the artist, it is unlike anything he has ever done for his day job. An incredible, expansive offering.