The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has heard of Yaeji, but I've spent the past few days listening to the album 'What We Drew' while working. Not sure how I actually found it, as it doesn't seem like something I'd usually listen to, but alas, I was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another couple of crackers I've heard over the last day or so.

Bobby Cazanova-Kosmos 131A

Ambient house? Dunno, I'm not good at identifying dance genres. Lovely though

DJ Houseplants-Was Lost And You Found Me

Again, ambient house? Reminds me of Amon Tobin so that's a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wasn't sure where to put this but the documentary The Rise Of The Synths is available for 24 hours on vimeo from 6PM tonight. Looks superb. I'm really into Synthwave so it's right up my street. Plus John Carpenter narrates it

The Rise Of The Synths 24 hour Festival

On 4/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, David said:

Not sure if anyone else has heard of Yaeji, but I've spent the past few days listening to the album 'What We Drew' while working. Not sure how I actually found it, as it doesn't seem like something I'd usually listen to, but alas, I was wrong.

Probably my album of the year so far. I absolutely love it, it's mental.

• Paid Members

A new Soulwax album came out today. Its called Deewee Sessions Vol 1, and is ostensibly the Dewaele brothers killing some time during lockdown by knocking out an album. On their EMS Synthi 100. Very Krautrock. Some real old school Kraftwerk vibes from it. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, SuperBacon said:

Just heard this on KEXP and thought it was bloody great. Up your street this @PunkStep I reckon.

Made me want to be a in a sweaty little club.

B From E-Float

If he likes that, I imagine he'll love the third song on that record.

Back into garage now so enjoying those posts. I was curious about jungle as a kid as my brother played drum and bass and I wanted to delve more into. I've listened to a bit more lately and really appreciate the more atmospheric kind.

I'd watched a Vox on J Dilla's use of the MPC for sampling and creating beats and, as I'd been playing around in Ableton anyway, I thought I'd have a look at samplers and Launchpad type devices.

Anyway, I came across this guy who I think is pretty great.

I've got my eyes on the Launchpad X which is an 8x8 grid but I realise it wouldn't be as effective as a sampler as the pads are much smaller. I like the idea of being able to create beats (for garage/house, simpler than jungle).

Edited by Sphinx