The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Marshall Jefferson-Move Your Body

Definitely a top, top shout. One of the earliest and one of the greatest house anthems of all-time. I don't think of the piano bit when i think of Another Chance on the other hand. Needin U great shout too.

Strings of Life probably doesn't count as it's considered Detroit techno, so I'll throw the following out there:

Sterling Void- It's Alright 

Jamiroquai- Return of the Space Cowboy (David Morales remix)

Aly-Us- Follow Me

Solu Music- Fade (the original or Eric Kupper remix, not the shit Grant Nelson version that ripped off Strings of Life and reached the chart)

But it's probably Marshall Jefferson to be honest. 

Edit: not a contender for the greatest, but to give a recent option too: Blessed Madonna- He is the Voice I Hear

Edited by PunkStep

It's not house but fuck it, the piano in Humate - Love Stimulation (PVD remix) is the best. Still absoloutely chill inducing after all these years. It's clichéd to say I know but it is the feeling of your body suddenly becoming a giant menthol balloon that can't get enough air into it. I think my brain legit squirts out a bit of spare party material It's been holding in reserve every time the piano breakdown comes in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This came on shuffle whilst on a walk this morning and I forgot how incredible it is.

Made me want to double drop in a field and just rave with the cows all day.

The soundtrack to 2007.

It's on heavy rotation on several of my Spotify playlists I can't decide whether it's Soulwax trying to recreate the version Justice did live on the A Cross The Universe tour, or whether Justice tried to recreate this version live.

I'd also recommend the Boyz Noise remix, and the MSTRKRFT remix of D.A.N.C.E. is good too. 

• Paid Members

Tickets for the Ed Banger 20th anniversary show at the Printworks in London are in sale. Lineup is TBC, but it's 8 hours long. 8pm on March 3rd until 4am on March 4th. Tickets start at £27.50. I'm so tempted. 

https://printworkslondon.co.uk/event/ed-banger-records-xx/

• Paid Members
On 10/20/2022 at 3:32 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

Have this on whilst working. The Cold Storage stuff on it is still belting. 

Just seen this. You should check out the PSP version, WipeOut Pure - more great stuff from Cold Storage, but also some great stuff from Paul Hartnoll (which surprised me at the time, because he's not as prolific compared to Phil), and Aphex Twin.