The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

Was just reminded of this absolute classic as its on a JD Sports advert.

This would blare out of most of the flats on the estate I grew up on most days. One of the all great piano loops.

Now I've got on M-Beat - Sweet Love. Someone stop me before I start looking at Herbie and Spliffy clothes again on Vinted.

• 4 weeks later...

So I came across this thing that seemingly went unnoticed in the English speaking world until 2019 when it got it's first mention on RYM, a wild sample filled mix of breakcore, techno etc that's actually pretty listenable, maybe not worth the hype it's been getting recently but a fun curio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Justice have snuck a little preview of what they're up to on their Instagram today, and it sounds like they may be going back to their Cross-era basics. A lot of people are getting excited. I don't think it'll embed, but they've taken all their old posts down and just popped this on there. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1kSAsUJ6vl/?igsh=MXUzeTZtemRwajgybw==

Edit: found a YouTube video of somebody playing it at a DJ set the other night. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

New Justice single just arrived on Spotify. The video is on Yourtube as well. The single is called One Night/All Night and features Tame Impala. It reminds me of D.A.N.C.E. The b-side is Generator, which is a little like Genesis. Also, the new album, Hyperdrama, is out on April 26th. It sounds like they're bringing back a bit of that Cross sound.

• Paid Members

One Night All Night is fine, but Generator is doing all the right things in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying these two tunes for the past couple of weeks. Although I'd prefer if he steered away from the 12 minute tracks, especially as they're normally like 3 tracks stitched together.

I love hearing re-used samples, like little nods to old tracks.

I just want a new record, or a proper release of Gaslit and Afterglow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Spotify recommended me this playlist a couple of weeks ago and I've had it on a lot ever since. Some great obscurities in it among a few classics.